Nut-free tahini banana bread blondies:
I wanted to make a batch of my grain-free banana bread blondies since I had some ripe bananas. But when I went to my pantry, I realized I was out of the majority of the ingredients I needed. And so I improvised and was able to create a slight different version based off what I had in my pantry. And not to mention I was able to make these nut free.
Ingredients you will need:
- Pasture raised eggs
- Vanilla extract
- Coconut oil (melted)
- Ripe bananas
- Maple syrup
- Drippy Tahini or sunflower seed butter
- Tiger Nut Flour
- Coconut flour
- Salt and flaky salt for topping
- Chocolate gems ( you can use my code: Melissa for 15% off)
What is Tiger nut flour?
I know what you are thinking, I said these are nut free but the name contains the word nut. But Tiger Nut is actually not a nut at all, but rather a root. And this flour is a great alternative for Paleo, gluten-free, and grain-free recipes. It is also a great replacement for any wheat flour recipes.
What if I don’t like tahini?
If you aren’t a fan of tahini and want to keep these nut free, I would suggest using sunflower seed butter. But to be honest, these don’t really have a tahini taste, so I would suggest you try.
Preparing the batter:
Add the bananas to a bowl and with a fork mash up the bananas. And then add in the eggs, maple syrup, drippy tahini, vanilla extract, melted coconut oil, and mix. Next, add in the dry ingredients and mix. Fold in the chocolate gems, mix, and pour batter into a lined 8×8 baking dish. And top with more gems or don’t if that’s not your jam.
I baked mine in my convection oven on 350 F for about 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. And once done baking, I sprinkle some flaky salt on top, and let cool completely before slicing into bars. I personally like to let mine cool completely and store in the refrigerator overnight before slicing them into bars. Because I find that they firm up a bit more once refrigerated.
I like to store mine in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a few days (if they last that long). But these also are freezer friendly. I like to store mine in an airtight container or Stasher Bag in the freezer.
Nut Free Tahini Banana Bread Blondies:
- 2 large pasture raised eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup drippy tahini butter
- 1 cup tiger nut flour
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate gems + 1-2 Tbsp for topping
- 1 tsp flaky salt for topping
- Mash the ripe bananas in a bowl with a fork
- Add in eggs, tahini, maple syrup, vanilla extract, melted coconut oil, and mix
- Add in tiger nut flour, coconut flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and mix
- Fold in chocolate gems
- Add to a lined 8x8 baking dish
- Top with additional chocolate gems
- Bake 350 F for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- I like to let mine cool completely before slicing into bars
- I personally like to let mine cool completely and then I let sit in refrigerator overnight before slicing into bars. This allows the bars to firm up a bit more.