I love a good gingerbread cookie! And these grain-free gingerbread cookies are the perfect holiday treat. If you are like me and love a good soft, gooey cookie, then these gingerbread cookies are going to be your new favorite holiday treat.
Ingredients you will need:
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Gingersnap seasoning (substitute ginger, cinnamon, Allspice)
- Maple or coconut sugar (substitute any type of sugar you have)
- Coconut oil
- Gingerbread pecan butter (substitute any type of nut/seed butter)
- Vanilla extract
Are there substitutes for this recipe?
The only substitutes for this recipe I have is for the sugar, gingersnap seasoning, and gingerbread pecan butter. And I have not tried variations using different flours and so I can’t speak on alternatives for the flours, sorry.
How to prep batter:
Preparing the batter is super simple. I first mix the wet ingredients in a bowl, add the dry ingredients, and mix. And I let my batter sit overnight in the refrigerator. But if you are in a time crunch let the batter sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Preparing the cookies:
I use a Tbsp ice cream scoop to scoop out the batter and place the cookies on a lined baking sheet. But they do spread a bit, so keep at least 3 inches apart when placing on the cookie sheet. And sprinkle some extra maple/coconut sugar on top, and bake the cookies 350 F for 9-11 minutes.
And if you dig a softer, gooey cookie, I suggest baking at 9 minutes. But once they are done cooking let them sit on the cookie tray for at least 10 minutes before transferring over to a wired cooling wrack. And if you like a crunchier cookie, cook longer.
How to store:
I like to store my cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3-4 days. But if you want them to last longer store in the refrigerator or even in the freezer for longer duration. And these also make for the perfect holiday gift for your loved ones. Because who doesn’t love a good homemade cookie?
Check out these other recipes:
Grain-Free Gingerbread Cookies
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tsp gingersnap seasoning
- 1/2 cup maple sugar or coconut sugar + extra for sprinkling on top
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup gingerbread pecan butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs or flax eggs
- Mix wet ingredients
- Add in dry ingredients and mix
- Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes (I refrigerated mine overnight)
- With a Tbsp ice cream scooper, scoop batter and add to a lined baking dish. They do spread a bit so give them at least 2-3 inches apart
- Optional: sprinkle maple sugar on top
- Bake 350 F for 9-11 minutes
- Let sit on baking sheet for at least 10 minutes before transferring to wired rack
- Store in an airtight container