I am a huge salad lover! I could eat a salad everyday and never get bored because the combination are endless. Lately, I have been really into Halloumi cheese, have you had it before? If you are new to Halloumi cheese here is a little bit about it.
- It is usually made from a mixture of goat and sheep’s milk, just depends on what brand you get
- The texture is similar to mozzarella or a thick feta
- It has a stronger salty flavor
Since it has a similar texture to mozzarella I thought to myself why not make some mozzarella sticks? But then I thought nooo, even better some Halloumi cheese croutons!!! So I ran to my kitchen and started to pull out what I had in my pantry to create these cheese croutons.
Here is what I used:
- Halloumi cheese
- Primal Palate Amore seasoning
- 1 cup almond meal
I set up my dredging station by having three separate bowls which included:
- cut up cheese
- my whisked egg
- my almond meal mixed with amore seasoning
I then dipped my cheese in the egg, then the almond meal mixture, and added to my greased air fryer pan. I set my air fryer to 370 and cooked for 10 minutes shaking half way. Once done I set aside, maybe ate like 10 while preparing my salad, oops!
For the salad I used super greens, cucumbers, bell peppers, avocado, the Halloumi cheese croutons, and used Primal Kitchen foods creamy italian as the dressing.
Fresh salad with Halloumi cheese ball croutons
What you'll need:
- Bell peppers
- Air Fried Halloumi cheese balls
- 1 package of halloumi cheese dice into bite size pieces
- 1 egg
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 1/2 tbsp Primal Palate amore seasoning
- Dice your cheese into bite size pieces
- In one bowl add egg and whisk
- In another bowl add almond meal and seasoning and mix.
- Dip cheese in egg wash and then almond meal mixture.
- Add to air fryer and cook 370 for 10 minutes shaking half way through.
- Prepare your salad with all the ingredients and use Primal Kitchen Foods Creamy Italian for dressing