Double Chocolate Banana Bread:
Is there anything better than a double chocolate grain free banana bread? I didn’t think so! And this banana bread is perfect for meal prepping for the week for a quick breakfast on the go option.
- Ripe bananas
- Large pasture raised eggs
- Maple syrup (substitute honey or whatever type of syrup you have)
- Coconut mylk or any type of dairy free mylk
- Vanilla extract
- Vanilla bean paste (optional)
- Coconut oil
- Almond flour
- Tapioca flour
- Coconut flour
- Cacao powder or cocoa powder
- Baking soda
- Mini chocolate chips or any type of chocolate you dig
Do you have any substitutes for this recipe?
Unfortunately, I have not tried any substitutes for this recipe. And I will not be able to suggest any substitutes for the flours used in this recipe.
What type of cacao powder do you use?
I recently was sent Sunwink’s new Cacao Clarity powder and it is my new favorite! And the reasons why I love this cacao powder, is that it is loaded with superfoods such as, lion’s mane, maca, and reishi. Which help with clarity and focus. And perfect for this banana bread and fueling your mornings with only the best ingredients.
How to prepare the batter:
First add ripe bananas to a medium bowl and with a fork mash up the bananas. And then add in the eggs and whisk it all up. Add the rest of the wet ingredients and mix. And then add in the dry ingredients, mix it all up, and fold in the mini chocolate chips.
Pour the batter into a 1 lb. lined loaf pan, spread the batter to create even layer, and top with additional mini chocolate chips. And bake 350 F for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Once the bread is done, let it rest for at least 10-15 minutes before slicing into it. And these could also be made into muffins or bars. But please be mindful the bake time will vary depending on how you prepare them.
How to store:
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days. But if you don’t plan on eating it all, individually wrap each slice, and store in the freezer for another morning.
Check out these other recipes you might enjoy too:
Double Chocolate Grain Free Banana Bread
- 3 ripe bananas
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut mylk substitute any type of dairy free mylk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste optional
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup cacao
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips + 2 Tbsp for topping
- Mash up ripe bananas with a fork in a medium bowl
- Add eggs and mix
- Add rest of the wet ingredients and mix
- Add in dry ingredients and mix
- Fold in mini chocolate chips
- Add to a 1 lb. lined loaf pan
- Top with more chocolate chips
- Bake 350 F for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Let rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator