Whenever there is a holiday I like to get festive. That has always been the way I have been and I have to thank my mama for that. She would always make our holiday’s so festive and exciting by decorating the house, making special treats or foods around what holiday it was. After all isn’t that what makes the holidays? Getting together with your loved one’s enjoying good food, desserts, and company?
While I was at Mother’s Market picking up some things that Sprouts doesn’t carry, by the way these are my two favorite places to shop for groceries. I spotted these Unreal milk chocolate gems at the checkout line that resembled M&M. I checked out the ingredients and told myself these were better than your traditional one’s. Plus I loved the colors of them so I knew these would be perfect for an Easter dessert creation.
Got home and went straight into the kitchen to create these yummy chocolate M&M oatmeal cookies.
Here is what I used to make them:
- Sunbutter no sugar added sunflower seed butter (you can substitute any nut/seed butter you’d like)
- Sprouted gluten free quick oats
- Almond flour
- Pasture raised eggs
- Maple syrup
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Coconut oil
- 1 6 0z. bag of Unreal milk chocolate gems
- Optional add in: flaxseed meal for that extra fiber.
I mixed my wet ingredients first and then added in the dry ingredients and mixed with my handheld mixer. I folded in 1/2 the bag of the milk chocolate gems and placed the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes. Once they were done chilling I used a small ice cream scoop to scoop out batter. I placed on a lined baking dish, gently flattened with my hand, and topped with more chocolate gems. I baked 350 for 8-10 minutes.
Chocolate M&M Oatmeal Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 cup sprouted gf oats
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup sunflower butter
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal optional
- 1 6 oz. bag Unreal milk chocolate gems Sub M&M
- 1 pint Nada Moo Vanilla AHH dairy free ice cream
- Mix wet ingredients
- Add in dry ingredients and mix
- Chill dough for 30 minutes
- Fold in 1/2 the bag of chocolate gems
- With an ice cream scoop, scoop dough, place onto a lined baking dish, flatten with hands, top with more chocolate gems
- Bake 350 for 8-10 minutes.
- Let your cookies cool completely
- Add some dairy free vanilla ice cream in between two cookies and individually wrap and store in freezer