Whenever there is a holiday coming up, you can count on me to have the festive treats! And these chocolate m&m oatmeal cookies are the perfect addition for your spring festivities.
Unreal milk chocolate gems:
While I was at Mother’s Market, picking up some items I needed for the week, I spotted these Unreal milk chocolate gems at the checkout line that resembled M&M. And I loved the festive colors of them and thought these would make the best spring cookies! But don’t worry, if you can’t find then just substitute regular M&M’s, or Chocolate No No’s.
Ingredients you will need:
- Sunbutter no sugar added sunflower seed butter or any nut butter you dig
- Sprouted gluten free quick oats
- Almond flour
- Pasture raised eggs
- Maple syrup
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Coconut oil
- 1 6 0z. bag of Unreal milk chocolate gems, Chocolate No No’s, chocolate chips, or regular M&M’s
- Optional add in: flaxseed meal for that extra fiber
How to prep the batter:
Mix the wet ingredients, add in the dry ingredients, and mix with a handheld mixer or a whisk. And then fold in 1/2 of the bag of the milk chocolate gems, and place the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. But they also can be baked right away (room temperature) too. Use a small ice cream scoop to scoop out batter. Place on a lined baking dish, and top with more chocolate gems. And bake 350° F for 8-10 minutes.
Once they are done baking:
And once they are done baking let them cool for 3-5 minutes on the baking sheet. And then carefully transfer to a wired cooling rack.
How to store:
I like to store mine in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days. But if you want them to last longer, they freeze well too.
Ice cream sandwiches:
And these chocolate M&M oatmeal cookies make for the best cookie ice cream sandwiches. All you need is your favorite vanilla ice cream or gelato and these cookies, and you are golden. Get the details here!
Chocolate M&M Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup sprouted gf oats
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup sunflower butter substitute any nut or seed butter
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 Tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 6 oz. bag Unreal milk chocolate gems Sub M&M's, chocolate No No's, chocolate chips
- Mix wet ingredients
- Add in dry ingredients and mix
- Fold in the chocolate gems
- You can bake right away (room temperature) or chill the dough for 30 minutes
- With an ice cream scoop, scoop dough, place onto a lined baking dish, top with more chocolate gems
- Bake 350°F for 8-10 minutes
- Let your cookies cool for 3-5 minutes before trasnferring to a wired cooling rack