My biggest tip when it comes to meal prepping is to keep things simple yet flavorful. I find that the simplest meals always turn out the best. If you begin to over think your meal prepping it will only lead you to feel anxious, make it not fun, and ultimately not make it attainable for you to maintain. My goal is to share with you all simple meals that take no time to prep. Because the last thing I want you to do is spend countless hours in your kitchen meal prepping for the week.
Now this is one of my go to meals when I need something quick, hearty, and delicious. You all are going to flip out how easy and delicious this meal is.
Let’s start with what you will need:
If you are doing a whole30 then you want to make sure that whatever sausage you are using for this dish is sugar free, since sugar is a NO NO while doing the whole30. The one I used in this dish was AppleGate’s Sweet Italian chicken sausage in which I bought at Sprouts Farmers Market. You can check our their store locator to find a place near you that carries it. Then gather your red bell peppers, zucchini, onion, avocado oil, and get started on making the easiest 15 minute dinner ever.
Chicken sausage one pan meal
- 1 package of Applegate mild sweet Italian chicken sausage Sub any sugar free sausage you like
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 zucchini’s
- ½ cup diced onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tbsp avocado oil
- Slice your veggies and cut your sausage into coins
- Heat your pan with avocado oil, saute your onions, zucchini, and bell peppers with salt and pepper for 5-7 minutes or until nice and caramelized
- Once veggies are done remove and set aside
- In the same pan, add in your sausage and cook for a few minutes, I like to get mine nice and caramelized on each side