When I was doing my Whole30 I never really felt like I was missing out on any foods. The only time I really felt deprived was when I was craving those sweets. But as far as savory dishes I found the Whole30 to be a piece of cake. One of my go to’s was zoodle “pasta,” with some loaded meatballs. I switched the flavor combinations of the meatballs throughout the 30 day’s to keep it exciting and never boring.
This chicken meatball recipe has been my jam for years. It is loaded with so much flavor thanks to the nice kick of the jalapeno, sauteed onions, fresh cilantro, and sautéed red bell peppers. I personally find that sauteing your veggies before adding to your ground meat just adds so much flavor so I don’t skip this step. But if you are pressed for time and just want to get these done ASAP just add all ingredients for your meatballs into a bowl, mix, form into balls, and cook a few minutes each side in a pan.
I typically will meal prep these on Sunday and mix and match my meals throughout the week to keep my leftovers interesting and never boring.
I decided to reheat my chicken meatballs in the air fryer for 5 minutes on 370 and it added a nice crisp to them. I definitely recommend you try reheating them this way if you have an air fryer. If not no worries, you can simply reheat in your oven, stove top, or convection oven.
Chicken meatballs with Zoodle Pasta
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 tbsp California garlic ghee
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeño deseeded and diced
- 1/2 cup yellow onion diced
- 2 tbsp Primal palate meat and potato seasoning
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2-3 zucchini’s
- 1 cup tomato sauce
Chicken meatball Instructions
- Heat 1 tbsp of ghee in pan and add onions, jalapeño, red bell pepper, cilantro, salt + pepper, and sauté for 5-7 minutes
- Mix your ground chicken with seasonings
- Add cooled veggies to ground chicken, mix, and form into meatballs
- Heat another tbsp of ghee in cast skillet and cook a couple minutes each side
- Spiralize your zucchini using a spiralizer
- Add to a pan along with tomato sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Top with your chicken meatballs