Who say’s you need take out when you can create your own takeout at home? It is nice to order take out from time to time, because lets be honest sometimes I NEED A BREAK in kitchen. However, as we all know take out is not typically the cleanest food to eat when you order in, so I like to only eat once in awhile. Plus I like to make everything from scratch because:
- I know exactly what I am putting in my food
- Homemade taste better
- I won’t have an upset stomach from consuming ingredients my body can’t handle
- I love to cook and be in the kitchen
So when I did my Whole30 back in July 2018 I took to experimenting and learning how to create my favorites into a healthier option, like this cauliflower fried “rice.”
Here is what you are going to need to make:
- riced cauliflower ( I simple take a head of cauliflower and pulse a couple times in my food processor)
- Diced carrots
- 2 pasture raised eggs
- Green onions
- Coconut aminos
- Sesame oil
- Yellow onion
- *** If you are not doing Whole30 you can add in peas***
- Chili flakes
- California garlic ghee
You are going to heat your pan with the ghee and add your carrots, onions, green onions, salt and pepper and saute for 5-7 minutes. Then add in your cauliflower rice, peas (if using), coconut aminos, sesame oil, chili flakes, and cook for a couple minutes. Whisk your two eggs in a separate bowl and then add to the cauliflower rice, mix, and cook for a couple minutes.
Cauliflower fried “rice”
- 1 small head of cauliflower pulsed a couple times in food processor to make “rice”
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped Scallions
- 1/3 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 tbsp Fourth and Heart California garlic ghee
- 1 cup frozen peas OMIT IF DOING WHOLE30
- 2 eggs
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Add ghee to pan and heat. Add onions, carrots, scallions, salt + pepper, and sauté for 5-7 minutes.
- Add cauliflower rice, peas (omit if doing whole30), coconut aminos, sesame oil, chili flakes, and cook a couple minutes.
- Add in whisked eggs and cook a couple minutes.