Buffalo chicken air fried flautas:
If you are looking for a delicious and easy weeknight dinner or game day option. I have you covered, with these crispy buffalo chicken air fried flautas! And if I am being honest, they taste better than any fast food you’ll get.
Ingredients you will need:
- Shredded chicken ( I used a rotisserie chicken)
- Buffalo sauce
- Ranch dressing
- Gluten free flour tortillas or any type of tortillas you like
- Shredded cheddar cheese (substitute dairy free cheese)
- Blue cheese (omit or substitute a dairy free one)
- Cream cheese (substitute dairy free cream cheese)
- Avocado oil spray
- Shredded lettuce
- Green onions
Preparing the buffalo chicken filling:
First, shred your rotisserie chicken and set aside. And to a large bowl, add the cream cheese, blue cheese, 1 cup of shredded cheese, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, and mix with a handheld mixer. Next, add in the shredded chicken and mix.
Prepping the flautas:
Start by warming the flour tortillas on low heat for a few seconds. And once warmed, place the tortilla on a cutting board, and add about 1/4 cup of the buffalo chicken filling to the center of the tortilla. And carefully roll the tortilla. Add about 4-5 flautas to a greased air fryer pan and spray the tops with a little bit of avocado oil spray. And cook 380° F for 8-10 minutes. Once done, sprinkle shredded cheese on top, and cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
What if I don’t have an air fryer?
And if you don’t have an air fryer, don’t worry. Because these can also be baked too. Follow the same directions listed above, only add to a lined baking sheet, and bake 400° F for 10-12 minutes. And once done check to see if they are crispy enough, if not cook another few minutes. And then top with shredded cheese and cook until the cheese is melted.
For these flautas, I topped with shredded lettuce, blue cheese crumbles, diced green onions, and drizzled buffalo sauce and ranch on top. But feel free to top with any toppings you desire.
Can I use corn tortillas?
And if you prefer corn tortillas feel free to use corn instead of flour tortillas. But the cook time may vary, just keep an eye on them as they cook.
Can I make these dairy free?
Yes, these are simple for making into a dairy free version. Because you simply need to swap out the cheese’s for your favorite dairy free versions.
Can I make these vegan?
Yes, leave out the chicken. And be sure to use your favorite plant based cheeses instead.
Check out these air fried taquitos:
Buffalo Chicken Air Fried Flautas:
Buffalo Chicken Filling:
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/3 cup ranch dressing
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese + 1 cup for topping
- 14 flour tortillas of your choice you could also use corn tortillas
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Avocado oil spray
- Shredded lettuce
- Chopped green onions
- Drizzle of buffalo sauce
- Drizzle of ranch dressing
Buffalo Chicken Filling Instructions:
- Add cream cheese, buffalo sauce, 1 cup shredded cheese, blue cheese, and ranch dressing to a bowl
- With a hand held mixer mix the sauce until incorporated
- Add in the shredded chicken and mix with a spoon
- Warm your tortillas a bit over stove top on low heat, this helps prevent them from ripping (you could also microwave for 10 seconds)
- Add to a cutting board and add about 1/4 cup of the mixture to the middle of the tortilla and spread
- Carefully roll up the tortilla and repeat
- Add flautas to a greased air fryer dish and spray a little bit of avocado oil spray on top
- Cook 380 for 8-10 minutes
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top and cook an additional 1-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted on 380
- Once all the faults are done cooking add to a large platter
- Top with shredded lettuce, green onions, blue cheese crumbles, and drizzle buffalo + ranch dressing on top