Avocado Egg Salad:
One of my favorite lunch or dinner options is this easy avocado egg salad. It has been a staple over here for years and it is one of those dishes that I can never get sick of. And it makes for a great prep ahead meal option for your busy weeks.
Ingredients you will need:
- Hard boiled eggs
- Mayonnaise (omit if mayo is not your thing and just use the avocado in place of mayo)
- Spicy brown mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garlic powder
Preparing hard boiled eggs in air fryer:
I have been loving preparing my hard boiled eggs in the air fryer. I simply place my eggs in my air fryer basket, set to 270°F cook for 16-17 minutes for well done. But if you want a softer boiled eggs, cook for 11-14 minutes. And once the eggs are done immediately place in an ice bath to stop the eggs from cooking.
Preparing hard boiled eggs over stove top:
And if you don’t have an air fryer, my other method to making hard boiled eggs is over stove top. I add my eggs to a pot with water. And I bring the water to a boil and once boiling I lower the heat to a slow boil and cook for 12 minutes. Once done, I add the eggs to an ice bath to stop them from cooking any further.
Putting the avocado egg salad together:
Peel the hard boiled eggs and add to a bowl. And then add in the mayo, avocado, spicy brown mustard, and seasonings. And mix it all up and store in the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes.
What to enjoy it with:
The nice thing about this avocado egg salad, is that there are a variety of ways to enjoy it. But my personal fave is topping my AWG Bakery Everyday bread with the egg salad. But you can use whatever type of bread you dig, crackers, lettuce wraps, or regular wraps to enjoy the avocado egg salad with.
Can I meal prep this dish ahead of time?
Yes, this makes for a great prep ahead meal option. You can prep the hard boiled eggs in advance and the day you want to enjoy whip it up. But you can also prep it all in advance to have it ready for the week.
How to store:
I like to store mine in an airtight container in the refrigerator and enjoy within 2-3 days of preparing it.
Avocado Egg Salad
- 5 hard boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup mayo can omit if you don’t like mayo and just use the avocado in in place
- 2 Tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 of a medium size avocado
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika plus a little more for topping
- Serve with bread of choice crackers, lettuce wraps, or any type of wraps you like
- Cook your eggs first ( I do either in my air fryer 270°F for 16-17 minutes for well done for or over stove top for 12 minutes)
- Peel and add hard boiled eggs to a bowl
- Add mayo, avocado, spicy brown mustard, salt and pepper, garlic powder, and paprika
- Mix it all up and store in refrigerator
- Serve over grain free bread, crackers, lettuce wraps, in a wrap