Apple Pie Oatmeal Cookies:
Apple pie oatmeal cookies is a fall dessert you all will need in your life STAT. We went apple picking a couple weekends ago and have a lot of apples to use up. And so I thought I would remix my favorite oatmeal raisin cookies into an apple pie oatmeal version. These cookies are gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, and super easy to prepare. You can enjoy these cookies for an on-the-go snack or for a healthy dessert option.
Ingredients you will need:
- Gluten Free oats ( I use Zēgo oats)
- Almond flour
- Vanilla Extract
- Coconut oil
- Organic pasture raised egg
- Apple pie seasoning
- Baking soda
- Maple sugar (substitute any sugar you prefer)
- Raisins or mulberries
- Coconut butter
Can I substitute ingredients?
For this recipe I have not tried substituting any of the ingredients. Because this is my preferred ingredient list and I suggest this recipe as is. But feel free to use whatever type of oats, sugar, and seasonings you have in your pantry for this recipe.
How to prepare the cookies:
Add the wet ingredients to a medium bowl and mix. Next, add in the dry ingredients and mix. And fold into the finely diced apple and raisins, and mix. But if you don’t feel like dicing the apple, throw it in a food processor, and pulse a couple times to save you some time. And using a Tbsp ice cream scoop, scoop out batter, add to a lined baking sheet, and bake 350°F for 10-13 minutes. But when placing the dough on to the baking sheet, leave the dough balls as is, no need to flatten with your hands.
Once done baking:
And once the cookies are done, let them rest on the cookie sheet for 5-10 minutes. Then transfer to a wired cooling rack. And drizzle the melted coconut butter all over the top of the cookies. Transfer the cookies to the refrigerator for a couple minutes to allow the coconut butter to set.
How to store cookies:
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days. But if you want to make them last longer, store in an airtight container in the freezer, for up to 6 months.
Check out these other apple recipes:
Apple Pie Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free oats I use Zēgo Gluten Free Organic Oats
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp Apple pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 large apple finely diced ( I pulsed in my food processor)
- 1/3 cup raisins substitue mulberries or omit entirely
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup maple sugar substitute any type of sugar you use
Coconut butter drizzle:
- 1/4 cup raw coconut butter I use Artisana Organics
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Mix all wet ingredients in a medium bowl
- Add in dry ingredients and mix
- Fold in finely diced apples and raisins
- Using a Tbsp ice cream scoop, scoop out batter, and add to a lined baking sheet (I left them as is, did not flatten)
- Bake 350° F for 10-13 minutes ( I cooked mine for 12 minutes)
- Once done, let cookies rest on baking sheet for 5-10 minutes
- Transfer to a wired cooling rack
Coconut butter drizzle:
- Melt the coconut butter with coconut oil either over stove top or in microwave in 30 second increments, until melted
- Using a small spoon, drizzle the coconut butter on top of cooled cookies
- Transfer to refrigerator for a few minutes to allow the coconut butter to set
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months