Air fried Gluten-free, Keto, Paleo Meatballs:
I must say these are the best air fried meatballs I have made! But don’t worry if you don’t have an air fryer you can still make these delicious meatballs. These meatballs are gluten-free, dairy-free, Paleo, and keto friendly! And what I love about this recipe is that you can customize them to your liking and meal prep them ahead of time.
Ingredients for meatballs:
- Ground turkey
- Pork rinds
- Jalapeño (omit if you don’t like spice)
- Diced onions
- Garlic ghee
- Cilantro (substitute parsley)
- Pasture raised egg
- Garlic powder
- Primal palate super gyro (substitute dried oregano, thyme, Himalayan pink salt)
- Primal Kitchen Foods tomato basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparing the meatballs:
Preparing the meatballs are super simple. I first sauté my onions, jalapeños, cilantro, ghee in a pan for 5 minutes. But if you are in a hurry feel free to just add the veggies raw. Once the veggie mixture has cooled, I add to a bowl with the ground turkey, seasonings, pork rinds, and egg. Using my hands I mix everything and form into 15 meatballs.
For this recipe I cooked my meatballs in my air fryer on 370 F for 15 minutes. But if you don’t have an air fryer feel free to bake 350 F for 20-25 minutes, or pan fry with some oil for a few minutes each side.
Once the meatballs are done cooking in air fryer, I transferred to the pan I used to sauté my veggies and added 1 jar of the Primal Kitchen Foods Tomato basil sauce. But you can use whatever sauce you prefer. I then simmer the meatballs and sauce just until the tomato sauce was warmed (about 5 minutes) and topped with fresh cilantro.
What to serve the meatballs with:
The nice thing about these meatballs, is there is a variety of ways you can enjoy them. I like to serve mine over some zoodles, gluten-free pasta, or making some meatball sub sandwiches.
Air Fried Gluten-Free + Keto Meatballs
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/3 cup pork rinds
- 1 Tbsp diced jalapeño omit or do less if you can’t handle spicy
- 1/3 cup diced onions
- 1 tbsp garlic ghee
- 1/4 cup diced cilantro or parsley + and extra for garnish
- 1 large pasture raised egg
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp primal palate super gyro (sub
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Salt + pepper
- 1 jar of Primal kitchen foods tomato basil
- Warm ghee and add your onion, jalapeño, cilantro, salt and pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes
- In a separate bowl add ground turkey, egg, seasonings, pork rinds, and sauté veggies
- Mix everything with your hands and roll into balls
- Cook in air fryer 370 for 15 minutes or bake 350 F for 20-25 minutes
- Add to a pan with tomato sauce and simmer on low until sauce is heated
- Enjoy over zoodles or pasta