Growing up, one of my favorite snacks my Nani (grandma) would make for us was buñuelos. And if you have no idea what those are. They are basically a fried tortilla dipped in cinnamon sugar. At least that’s how my grandma used to make hers. And since you all know I am all about recreating my favorites with my own spin. I wanted to create my version in my air fryer. And I must say, my grandma would be so proud.
Ingredients you will need:
And what I love about this recipe, is that it only requires 3 ingredients. But if you don’t have the Primal Palates Cinnamon Sugar Cookie seasoning, just substitute coconut sugar, or any type of sugar you have, and cinnamon.
- Grain free tortillas (I used Siete Foods)
- Primal Palate Cinnamon Sugar Cookie Seasoning
- Avocado oil spray
How to prepare:
You can either leave the tortilla whole or cut them into triangles to create a chip. I went with the chip route, because I figured they would be easier to eat. Add some of the tortilla chips to a greased air fryer pan, spray both sides with avocado oil spray, and sprinkle some (about 1 Tbsp) of the cinnamon sugar cookie seasoning. And cook 350 for 6-8 minutes shaking half way through. And once they are done, transfer to a bowl, and sprinkle some more cinnamon sugar cookie seasoning.
But make sure to cook in batches. Because if they are overcrowded it will prevent them from achieving the crunch factor.
What can I eat them with?
They are perfect for snacking on by themself. But they also pair nicely with sweet dips or my strawberry mint bruschetta.
How to store:
They can be stored in an airtight container or ziplock bag for up to 3-4 days. But to be honest, they barely lated a day over here. Because they are just too good and very addicting. And I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
Air Fried Cinnamon Sugar Chips aka Buñuelos
- 8 grain free tortillas of choice I used Siete Foods Cassava + Coconut Grain Free Tortillas
- Avocado oil spray
- 1/4 cup Primal Palate Cinnamon Sugar Cookie Seasoning sub 1/4 cup coconut sugar and 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- Slice your tortillas into triangle chips or leave the tortilla whole
- Will have to cook in 3-4 batches because if you over crowd they won’t get as crispy
- Add tortillas to greased air fryer pan
- Spray tortilla chips with avocado oil, mix, and sprinkle some of the cinnamon sugar cookie seasoning on both sides (do not use all of it for one batch)
- Air fry 350 for 6-8 minutes, shaking half way through
- Once done add to a bowl and sprinkle some more cinnamon sugar cookie seasoning
- Repeat steps until you cook all the chips
- Store in an airtight container or bag for up to 3-4 days (if they last that long, lol)