Air fried buffalo chicken meatballs:
There is no denying it, I am a sucker for all types of meatballs for easy weeknight dinner options during the week. Because they are easy to throw together, the flavor combinations are endless, and everyone can tailor the meatballs into whatever type of dish they prefer. Meatball bowls, wraps, or meatball sub sandwiches. But one of my favorites are these air fried buffalo chicken meatballs.
Why air fry meatballs?
There is just something about air frying meatballs that gets me every time. They get this nice crunch on the outside but always nice and juicy in the inside. But don’t worry you can also bake or pan fry these too.
Ingredients you will need for meatballs:
- Ground chicken (substitute any type of ground meat you like)
- Ranch nut crumbs
- Ground pepper
- Dairy free buffalo sauce
How to prepare meatballs in air fryer:
Start by whisking egg in a medium bowl, add in the ground chicken and mix. And then add in the chopped vegetables, minced garlic, salt + pepper, cilantro, nut crumbs, and 1/2 cup buffalo sauce. Using a 2 Tbsp ice cream scoop, scoop out the meatball mixture, and add to a greased air fryer dish.
Bake time in air fryer:
And once the meatballs are in the air fryer, set to 390°F for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown on top.
What if I don’t have an air fryer?
And don’t worry, if you don’t have an air fryer you can still make these. You can either bake in the oven or pan fry with some oil over stove top. If baking, I would bake on 350°F for 20-25 minutes.
What can I serve these meatballs with?
These meatballs are great for meal prepping. Because there are a variety of ways you can use them up during your work week. So leftovers are never boring! But here are a couple of my favorite ways to use them in balanced meals for the week.
- Loaded buffalo chicken meatball bowls
- Meatball sub sandwiches
- Buffalo chicken meatball wraps
How to store leftovers:
Keep leftover meatballs stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator and consume within 3-4 days of preparing. And when you want to reheat, add to air fryer on 350°F and cook for 5-8 minutes or until heated through.
Air Fried Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs:
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup diced carrots
- 1/3 cup diced onions
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup Ranch nut crumbs substitute panko bread crumbs or regular bread crumbs
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup dairy free buffalo sauce + 1/4 cup for topping
Buffalo Chicken Meatball Bowls:
- Chopped romaine lettuce
- Shredded carrots
- Chopped green onions
- Grain Free tortilla chips
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Cherry tomatoes
- Dairy Free Ranch dressing
Air Fried Buffalo Chicken Meatball Instructions:
- Whisk egg in a medium bowl
- Add ground chicken and mix
- Add celery, onions, carrots, cilantro, green onions, Ranch nut crumbs, minced garlic, salt + pepper, and 1/2 cup of buffalo sauce, and mix until incorporated
- Using a 2 Tbsp ice cream scoop, scoop, and add to a greased air fryer dish
- Air fry 390°F for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown on top
- Once done add to a bowl and coat with 1/4 cup of buffalo sauce
Buffalo Chicken Meatball Bowl Instructions:
- Add chopped romaine lettuce to a bowl
- Add your toppings of choice
- Drizzle dairy free ranch all over top