Okay this post has been a long time coming, I am sorry for my delay. I have gone through my share of testing out a variety of non-toxic beauty products over the last few years. And I want to share the products I love and use on the daily. Hopefully this list helps! And saves you the time of searching and helps you prevent wasting money on sampling a bunch of products that may not work.
Where do I start?
Baby steps is the key to switching out your toxic products with non-toxic products. When I decided to make the switch, I started by finding non-toxic options for 2-3 items I used on the regular. For me it was my face wash, body wash, and deodorant. And once I found items I loved I would move on to another 3 items I needed to make the switch to non-toxic. Slowly but surely, I was able to make the switch to mostly all non-toxic products.
But by no means am I perfect, there are still some items I use that aren’t 100% non-toxic. And that is 100% okay, because it’s all about progress not perfection.
What are some good apps to have when it comes to shopping for non-toxic products?
These are few apps I have tried and like using when I am shopping for new products. But my rule of thumb is always check the ingredients and if you don’t know what they are, run! HAHA I am just kidding, sort of. But I suggest looking at all ingredients when shopping.
- Think Dirty App
- EWG’s Healthy Living App
- EWG Skin Deep
- Good Guide
Where to shop for non-toxic products?
I like to go directly to the brands websites and shop through them. But I also like shopping on online shops which include:
As far as skincare goes, I personally believe, it all starts with a healthy diet, good sleep, and staying hydrated. Because I truly believe what we see on the outside is a depiction of what is going on in our insides. But every body is different! I personally have found that when I eat like crap my skin usually results in looking like crap afterwards.
But like I always say, do what is best for you and your body. Because we are all different and react differently to things and its always best to listen to your body.
Let’s start with hydration and face creams I use on the daily. Osea Malibu has been my go to for years. And it has really done wonders for my skin, I couldn’t recommend more! I think keeping your face moisturized and hydrated all day really helps with that natural glow. And no matter what I have planned for the day, I always put on sunscreen! Even if I am sitting inside working all day, I put it on. And if you suffer from bad eye circles like me, 100% Pure coffee eye cream is my favorite.
My favorite face creams:
- Osea Malibu: Anti-aging cream and Hyaluronic sea serum
- Suntegrity SPF30 Tinted Sunscreen or Suntegrity SPF30 mositurizing primer
- Eye Creams: 100% Pure Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream and Osea Malibu Firming eye cream
- Under eye mask: 100% Pure Bright eyes
I have always loved makeup. I must say, it was the early years of dancing and getting all dolled up for competitions that did it for me. But now a days I am all about the non-toxic, green beauty products, that I know are good for my skin. Because what you put on your body is just as important of what you are putting in your body. I’ve broken it down into categories and listed my favorite products. And if you want specific colors for anything, feel free to send me a message on Instagram, I am happy to share.
For the face:
- Crunchi Beautifully Flawless Foundation
- RMS Beauty “Un”-cover up concealer
- Saint Cosmetics Skin Perfecting on-the-go Concealer
- ILia Beauty Bronzer (Nightlight bronzing powder-Drawn in)
- ILia Beauty Highlighter (Daylight highlighting powder-Decades) or Zuzu Luxe Mineral Highlighter
- Lily Lolo Makeup Mist
- Lily Lolo Matte Finishing Powder
- Mascara: Lily Lolo Big lash mascara or vegan mascara, Au Naturale Bold Statement Vegan Mascara
- Eyeshadow: Lily Lolo, ILia Beauty (The necessary eyeshadow palette),
- Eyeliner: Zuzu Luxe Liquid Liner, Lily Lolo pencil
- Eyebrow: Eco Brow, Lily Lolo
- Lip Liner: Au Naturale in Slipper
- Chapstick: Primally Pure, Henne Organics Lip Mask
- Gloss: Fitglow Beauty Lip, Lily Lolo, Au Naturale Su/Stain Matte Lip Stain
- Lip Sticks: 100% Pure, Au Naturale Lipstick in Marrakesh + Rose Glow, Lily Lolo
- Hair oil: Prim Botanicals That one Summer hair oil
- Shampoo: Innersense or Under Luna
- Conditioner: Innersense Sweet Spirit Leave in Conditioner or Under Luna
- Styling: Jordan Seban La Brume Hair Primer, Jordan Seban La Brume Styling Balm
- Kitsch microfiber hair wrap
Face wash, serums, and masks:
As far as my nighttime routine goes, I always use Osea Malibu products to prep my skin for bedtime. I don’t use any makeup remover, because I find Osea Malibu’s Ocean Cleanser does the job. And like I mentioned before, keeping my skin moisturized and hydrated at all times is key. Especially while I am sleeping.
- Osea Malibu Ocean Cleansing mudd (morning), Ocean Cleanser (night/makeup remover)
- Serums: Osea Malibu Vitamin Sea Serum, Eye gel serum,
- Masks: Osea Malibu White algae, red algae, and black algae flash masks, Vitamin C Probiotic Polish
I felt that this section was the hardest for me when I was trying to swap out toxic products with non-toxic products. I truly went through my fair share of testing out a variety of non-toxic deodorants, body washes, and hair products. But I feel that I finally locked down my favorite products and know that they actually work.
- Dr. Bronner’s
- Aleavia Body Cleanse
- Osmia Organics Body soaps
- Boka Toothpaste-Ela Mint
- Boka Tongue Cleaner
I really hope this helps you a bit more when it comes to switching out your beauty products to non-toxic, green products. And of course if you have any questions feel free to reach out to me over on Instagram.