Vegan carrot cake cookies:
These vegan carrot cake cookies are super easy to prepare, great for prepping ahead of time, and super delicious. And they are vegan, refined sugar free, dairy free, and grain free.
Ingredients you will need:
- Raw pecans
- Medjool dates
- Hemp seeds
- Vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- Toasted raw coconut or raw coconut shreds
- Pecan or Gingerbread Almond butter (substitute any nut or seed butter you use)
- Dried mulberries (substitute raisins)
- Primal Palate Pumpkin Spice Seasoning (substitute: cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg)
- Shredded or chopped carrots
- Coconut oil
- Almond flour
- Baking soda
- Raw coconut butter
Do you have any substitute for this recipe?
The only substitutes I have for these cookies are listed here. And if you want the cookies to turn out delicious, I would suggest baking the cookies as listed. Because swapping out a variety of ingredients or flours doesn’t always work out. And I would hate for you to waste ingredients!
How to prepare:
Add all the ingredients except the items for the drizzle to a food processor or a high powered blender. And process until you get a sticky, smooth consistency. Using a Tbsp ice cream scoop, scoop out batter, and place on a lined cookie sheet. And bake 350 F for 10-12 minutes.
Preparing the coconut butter drizzle:
And once the cookies are done baking, let them rest for 5 minutes before transferring to a wired cooling rack. Melt the raw coconut butter and coconut oil in microwave or stove top until melted. And using a small spoon, drizzle the melted coconut butter over each cookie. And transfer to the refrigerator for 5 minutes to allow the coconut butter to set.
How to store:
I like to store the cookies in an airtight container either in the refrigerator. But these cookies also freeze really well. And if you want them to last longer, I would suggest storing in the freezer, in an airtight container.
I hope you love these as much as I do. And if you make them, don’t forget to tag me in your creations so I can see over on Instagram.
Vegan Carrot Cake Cookies
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 3 large medjool dates
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 cup toasted raw coconut or raw coconut shreds
- 1/3 cup any nut or seed butter I like using Pecan Butter or Gingerbread Almond Butter
- 1/3 cup dried mulberries Substitute raisins
- 2 tsp Primal Palate Pumpkin Spice Seasoning Substitute: 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp ginger, 1/4 tsp cloves, 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup shredded or chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup semi melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
Coconut butter drizzle
- 2 Tbsp Raw coconut butter
- 1 tsp coconut oil
Instructions for cookies:
- Process everything in food processor or high powered blender until you get a sticky consistency (30 seconds- 1 minute)
- With a Tbsp ice cream scoop, scoop out batter, and place in a lined baking sheet
- Bake 350 for 10-12 minutes
- Let rest on cooking sheet for 5 minutes
- Transfer to a wired cooling rack
Coconut butter drizzle:
- Melt the coconut butter and coconut oil for 40-45 seconds
- Drizzle on top of the cookies
- Add cookies to refrigerator for 5 minutes to allow the coconut butter drizzle to harden
- Store cookies in an airtight container in refrigerator or freezer