Created this plant based ricotta cheese to step up my toast game. Ricotta cheese is one of my favorites especially in some good old fashion cannoli’s, so I thought why not create my own plant based version to add to a variety of dishes for the week. So I came up with these vegan ricotta cheese which tasted like the real deal. I added it to some fresh gluten free sourdough bread with strawberries, manuka honey, and mint for a delicious quick breakfast before work.
It is super easy to prepare and makes for the perfect ingredient to prep ahead of time. You are going to need:
- Soaked and rinsed cashews
- Vanilla extract
- Lemon juice
- Date water (from soaking the dates)
Simple add all the ingredients to a food processor and process for 10 seconds until you reach your desired consistency. Then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days (if it will last that long).
Vegan Cardamom Cinnamon Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked overnight rinse and drain
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 3 dates soaked overnight
- 3 Tbsp date water water dates soaked in
- 2 Tbsp coconut milk let sit in fridge over night in can and scoop the hard part
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- Mix everything in food processor or a high powered blender. Store in an airtight Tupperware In fridge.