If you are looking for a quick, easy, delicious appetizer idea for your next get together try these turkey and zucchini poppers. They are easy to make, are delicious, and a great way to get in those vegetables, especially for those picky eaters. You can meal prep these ahead of time so the day you are entertaining you can focus on other things.
What you will need for the poppers:
- Ground turkey
- Primal Palate Adobo Seasoning
- Red bell pepper
- Fourth and Heart California garlic ghee (sub any oil)
For a time saving tip, add the zucchini, onions, cilantro, red bell pepper into a food processor and pulse a couple times for a quick chop. DO NOT PROCESS you will end up with mush, so just pulse a couple times until the veggies are fine and chopped. Then you are going to want to add to a straining bag (I like to use my nut milk bag) then strain out all the excess water.
Once you have strained your veggie mixture add it to your ground turkey with seasonings and mix with your hands. Form into little patties, heat your grill pan with the ghee, and cook a few minutes each side. If you are meal prepping these ahead of time follow all the steps and store in the fridge. The day of I just place mine in my convection oven for 5 minutes to reheat and serve with homemade guacamole.
For my guacamole I keep it simple:
- 2-3 avocados
- Juice of a lime
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional add in: Salsa of your choice
Mix everything in a bowl and enjoy!
Turkey and Zucchini Poppers
- 1 lb Buy Ranch Direct ground turkey
- 1/3 cup onion
- 1 Zucchini
- Handful of Cilantro
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Adobo seasoning from Primal Palate
- 1/2 tsp Coriander
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp Fourth and Heart California garlic ghee
- Time saving tip: add your onion, bell pepper, zucchini, cilantro to a food processor and pulse a couple times.
- Add mixture to a straining bag and squeeze out excess water.
- Add veggie mixture to a bowl with ground turkey, seasoning, and mix.
- Form into small patties and add to a greased grill pan with ghee and cook a couple minutes each side.
- Serve with guacamole.