Strawberry mint bruschetta:
Fun fact, I am not a huge huge fan of bruschetta! Because something about chunks of tomatoes kind of grosses me out. But what I am a fan of is this strawberry mint bruschetta. And what I love about this bruschetta, is that it is super quick to prepare, requires only a few ingredients, and sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Ingredients you will need for bruschetta:
- Fresh organic strawberries
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Balsamic vinegar
What if I want my bruschetta on the sweet side?
If you want the bruschetta to have a little sweetness to it. I would suggest adding either honey (don’t use if vegan), maple syrup, or any type of sugar you use. But personally I like it the savory route. Because when paired with homemade air fired cinnamon sugar chips or sweet potato crostini that adds the perfect sweet and savory combination.
How to prepare:
Chop the strawberries into bite size pieces (not too small or else they will get soggy). And add the strawberries to a bowl, with chopped mint, olive oil, salt and pepper, and balsamic vinegar. This can be served right away at room temperature or chilled for at least 30 minutes in refrigerator.
What do I serve this bruschetta with?
The possibilities are endless when it comes to using this strawberry mint bruschetta. But my personal favorite ways to use it are the following:
- On top of air fried salmon or any type of fish
- Placed on top of sweet potato crostini’s or bread as an appetizer
- As a dipper paired with homemade air fried cinnamon sugar tortilla chips or any type of store bought tortilla chips
- On top of grilled chicken
How to store:
If there are any leftovers, store in an airtight container in refrigerator. But I suggest eating within 1-2 days of preparing. Because the strawberries will get soggy the longer they sit in the oil.
Strawberry Mint Bruschetta
- 1 1/2 cups diced oragniac strawberries
- 1/3 cup diced Mint
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Fleur de sel salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
Optional ingredients for a sweeter bruschetta
- 1 Tbsp honey, maple syrup, or sugar of choice
How to prepare
- Chop the strawberries but be sure not to chop too small as this will make them get sooggier quicker
- Add the diced strawberries, chopped mint, olive oil, salt and pepper, balsamic vinegar, and mix
- Store in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes- hour before serving or enjoy at room temperature
Option 1 to serve with:
- Peel and cut your sweet potato into 1 inch thick rounds and bake 400°F for 20-25 minutes
- Top your sweet potato crostini's with some goat cheese, strawberry bruschetta, and fresh mint on top
Option 2 to serve with:
- Serve with homemade air fried cinnamon sugar tortilla chips or any type of store bought chips
Option 3 to serve with:
- Air fried salmon
Option 4 to serve with:
- On top of your favorite type of toasted bread