I was experimenting with cooking my spaghetti squash in my instant pot and to be honest I cooked it way too long and ended up with mush. Since I am against food waste, I got to brainstorming how I was going to this mush. Since the spaghetti squash was super wet I first put it in my nut milk bag and strained out all the liquid. Then it turned into a dough ball and I thought okay why not make some tater tots/mozzarella sticks with this.
I added my spaghetti squash mush, eggs, almond meal, monterey jack cheese, Primal Palate Amore seasoning, and mix it all. Then with your hands form into little tater tots, they do expand while cooking so make small. Add to a lined baking dish and bake 400 for 15 minutes, flipping half way through. I served mine with Primal Kitchen Foods spicy ketchup.
These turned out super delicious and even Todd enjoyed them, so you know they are good :). I can’t wait for you to try these. Your guest would never know there was spaghetti squash in these bad boys. Let me know if you try them.
Spaghetti Squash Tater Tots
- 1 cup steamed spaghetti squash
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- 1.5 cups almond meal
- 1 tbsp Primal Palate amore seasoning
- 2 Pasture raised eggs
- Steam your spaghetti squash
- Squeeze all liquid out of spaghetti squash by using a cheese cloth or nut milk bag
- Add all ingredients to bowl and mix
- Form Into tots
- Add to a lined baking dish
- Bake 400 for 15 flipping halfway
- Serve with Primal Kitchen Foods spicy ketchup