Raspberry chia jam:
Have you ever tried making your own jams before? Well, if you have some raspberries about to go bad, don’t throw them away. And use them up in this delicious and easy raspberry chia jam. Made with just 6 ingredients and super easy to make.
Ingredients you will need:
- Raspberries or any type of berries you have on hand
- Maple syrup
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Vanilla extract
- Chia seeds
Preparing the raspberry jam filling:
Add the raspberries, water, maple syrup, lemon juice, vanilla extract to a small pan on medium low heat. And cook down for 2-3 minutes, using a spoon to smash up the raspberries. Next, add the chia seeds, reduce to a low simmer, and cook down for 10 minutes. And once done, remove from the heat and let rest for 10-15 minutes. But you could also prep this jam ahead of time.
What if I don’t like raspberries?
And if you aren’t a fan of raspberries feel free to use any other berries you enjoy! Some of my other favorites include: blueberries and strawberries. And if you don’t have any fresh fruit feel free to use frozen fruit too.
Can I make this jam sugar free?
When it comes to fruit, I always say it can be made sugar free. Because fruit already has a sweet flavor to it. But since raspberries are more on the tart side, I do like to add 1 Tbsp of maple syrup. Which really isn’t a lot! But if you want to leave out the maple syrup that is totally fine too.
Can I meal prep this jam in advance?
Yes, this is the perfect item to meal prep in advance! And have it ready for the busy work weeks. Because there are so many ways you can use this jam up in a variety of different recipes.
How can I use this jam?
And like I mentioned, there are so many options to use up this raspberry jam. And here are some of my favorites ways to use it up:
- Raspberry and almond butter toast
- A topping for oatmeal
- Gluten Free Raspberry thumbprint cookies
- Grain free and vegan raspberry crumb bars
But the possibilities are endless and are not just limited to these 4 options.
How to store the jam:
I like to store my jam in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Raspberry Chia Jam:
- 1 1/2-2 cups raspberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup organic chia seeds
- Add raspberries, water, maple syrup, lemon juice, abs vanilla extract to a pan on medium low heat
- Mash up the berries and cook down for 2-3 minutes
- Add the chia seeds, reduce the heat to a simmer, and let simmer for about 10 minutes
- Turn off the heat and let the chia jam cool for 10-15 minutes
- Transfer to an airtight jar and store in refrigerator for up to 5 days