Puppy chow no bake truffles:
A childhood classic is puppy chow. And if you don’t know what puppy chow is, it is a homemade snack which consist of cereal, peanut butter, chocolate, and powdered sugar. But as you know, I love making bliss balls, and I wanted to turn my childhood favorite into bite size truffles. And so puppy chow no bake truffles were created and they are so delicious.
Ingredients you will need:
- Your favorite cereal of choice. I used Love Bird’s grain free unsweetened cereal, you can check it out here and code: Melissa saves you 10% off your purchase.
- Powdered sugar
- Organic Peanut butter
- Chocolate of choice
- Vanilla extract
How to prepare truffles:
Start by adding the cereal to a food processor and pulse a few times to crush up the cereal. I like a nice crunch to mine so I didn’t make cereal too fine. And then add the peanut butter, vanilla extract, powdered sugar, and. process until you get a smooth sticky consistency. Roll into 14 balls but if the batter is too dry and crumble, wet your hands and roll them up, to make it easier to roll them.
Dipping in chocolate and powdered sugar:
Melt your favorite chocolate and dip each truffle in the melted chocolate. And transfer to the refrigerator or freezer to allow the chocolate to set. And once the chocolate has set, roll the truffles into powdered sugar.
How to store truffles:
I like to store mine in an airtight container either in the refrigerator or freezer.
What if I can’t have peanut butter?
Feel free to use whatever type of nut or seed butter for these truffles. Some good alternatives are: sunflower butter, cashew butter, or almond butter.
Puppy Chow No Bake Truffles:
- 2 cups unsweetened Love bird cereal
- 1/2 cup Peanut butter
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate of choice melted
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar for coating
- Add cereal to food processor and pulse a couple times
- Add peanut butter, confectioner sugar, vanilla extract, and process until incorporated
- Roll into 14 bite size truffles
- Dip in melted chocolate
- Roll into confectioner sugar
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator or freezer