Pumpkin Spice Gluten Free Rice Krispies:
These pumpkin spice gluten free Rice Krispies are the perfect fall treat. And are super easy to prepare.
What you’ll need:
- Gluten free rice cereal of choice (I used this one)
- Pumpkin puree
- Grass fed butter (I used this one)
- Vanilla extract
- Pumpkin pie spice
How to prepare:
In a large saucepan on low heat, add butter, and melt. And then add in the marshmallows, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and mix until the marshmallows are melted. Once marshmallows are melted, remove pot from heat. And add in the rice cereal and mix until incorporated.
Creating the bars:
Once everything is combined, transfer to a lined 8×8 baking dish. I like to line mine with parchment paper. But you could also grease the baking dish with some butter, if you don’t have any parchment paper. And gently press down to create an even layer. But be sure to not compact the mixture too much, or else you will end up with tough Rice Krispies. And let cool completely before slicing into desired size bars.
What rice cereal should I use?
If you are keeping these 100% gluten free, I would suggest using these sprouted brown rice crisp cereal. But if you aren’t gluten free, and want to use the traditional cereal, you can go with Rice Krispies.
What if I don’t have pumpkin pie spice?
If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, you can make your own at home.
3 Tbsp cinnamon
2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp all spice
1 1/2 tsp ground cloves
Mix it all up and keep stored in a glass airtight container.
How do I store them?
Keep your Rice Krispies stored in an airtight container for up to 4-5 days.
Pumpkin Spice Gluten Free Rice Krispies
- 6 cups rice cereal of choice
- 8 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter 1 stick
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter on low heat
- Add marshmallows, vanilla extract, pumpkin purée, pumpkin pie spice, salt to a pot, and mix until marshmallows are completely melted
- Remove pot from heat, add cereal, and mix until incorporated
- Add to a lined 8x8 dish and gently press down to create an even layer (don’t compact too much or else you will end up with touch Rice Krispies)
- Let cool completely and slice into desired size bars
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4-5 days