Pumpkin Butter Cake:
You know those butter cakes you see on the menu at your favorite restaurant and want every time? Well this pumpkin cake reminds me of a butter cake, minus the junk, and made with 100% real ingredients. Come on friends, would you expect anything less from me? I love turning favorite desserts into healthier options, because healthy doesn’t have to be boring.
Here is what you’ll need to make this pumpkin cake:
- Pumpkin puree, make sure the ingredients are just 100% organic pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling
- Almond flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Fourth and Heart Vanilla Madagascar ghee (sub coconut oil or butter)
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Celtic sea salt
- Cashew mylk (or any plant based mylk you use)
- Primal Palate pumpkin pie spice seasoning
How to prepare:
Next you want to mix your wet ingredients and then fold in the dry ingredients and mix. I let my dough sit in the fridge for an hour before adding it to my baking dish. I like to do this to allow the dough to firm up a bit more, especially if the dough is a little wet. Then you want to add some parchment paper to a round baking dish and add your dough. Flatten out the dough with your hands so it is even, and bake 400 for 30-35 minutes.
Once you have allowed your cake to cool, drizzle some melted raw coconut butter and sprinkle some raw pecans, or candied pecans on top. I store mine in the fridge in an airtight container for 3-4 days. The leftovers taste amazing cold or warm. If you are going to reheat, I suggest placing in your convection oven for a few minutes.
Pumpkin Butter Cake
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup melted Madagascar ghee
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup homemade cashew mylk
- Mix dry and then add wet and mix. Let sit in fridge for an hour.
- Add to a round baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 400 for 30-35 minutes.
- Drizzle with coconut butter and sprinkle crushed pecans.