Peppermint Brownie Truffles:
These peppermint brownie truffles make for the perfect holiday treat. I like making these as a gift for my family and friends paired with a nice bottle of wine. They are super easy to prepare, vegan, gluten-free, and the best part is they require zero baking.
Ingredients you will need:
- Raw cashews ( I like to soak mine overnight and drain before using)
- Medjool dates (soaked overnight as well and drained before using)
- Philosophie Cacao Magic (substitute cacao)
- Coconut flour
- Peppermint extract
- Mini chocolate chips
- Coconut oil
- Optional: Crushed candy cane
How to prepare truffles:
I like to soak my cashews and medjool dates overnight to get them nice and soft. In the morning I drain the water from both. But I would suggest reserving some of the date water just in case your truffles end up dry, you can add some of the date water. Add the cashews, dates, cacao magic, coconut flour, and 1/2 tsp of the peppermint extract to food processor. And process for about 30 seconds and taste test to see if more peppermint is needed.
Chill and dip:
I like to let the truffle batter chill for at least 30 minutes and then roll into balls. Melt the chocolate with the coconut oil either over stove top stirring frequently or in microwave at 30 second intervals until melted. I place the truffle on a fork and dip in the chocolate. And place on a line baking sheet with parchment paper and sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
Once I coat all the truffles I transfer to the refrigerator and let set for about 15 minutes or until the chocolate has hardened, and then enjoy. These can be stored in an airtight container in freezer or refrigerator. I would suggest freezing if you don’t plan on eating right away.
Peppermint Brownie Truffles
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup medjool dates
- 1/2 cup Philosophie Cacao Magic Substitue cacao
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2-1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Optional topping: 1 candy cane crushed
- Add all ingredients to food processor and process for about 30 seconds. You want dough to be sticky (not too wet or not too dry)
- I let my dough sit in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before rolling into balls
- Melt chocolate with coconut oil
- Dip each bliss ball in chocolate and sprinkle candy canes on top
- Store in refrigerator until chocolate hardens up
- Store in airtight container in freezer or refrigerator (I prefer freezer)