If you want an easy and delicious fall dessert, this pear galette is a must make. And save some time, by using a store bought phyllo sheet instead of making a dough from scratch.
What is a galette?
There are a variety of ways one can make galette’s. But galette’s are typically made with a delicate puff pastry dough and are flat or round. And the center can be filled with a variety of items, making it a great option for either a sweet or savory dish.
You can make your own dough for galettes from scratch. But to save some time and energy, I used phyllo dough for mine.
Where can I find phyllo dough?
You can find phyllo dough at most grocery stores in the freezer section.
Ingredients you will need:
- Maple sugar or any type of sugar you use
- Phyllo sheet
- Optional for topping: vanilla bean ice cream
How to prepare pear filling:
Slice your pears and add to a bowl. And add the cinnamon, cardamom, maple sugar, and mix it all up.
Putting it together:
Spread the defrosted phyllo sheet onto a lined baking sheet. And add the pears into an even layer, keeping about a 1 inch border all around. Add slices of butter all over the top and carefully fold the edges up onto the pears. And brush the edges with egg wash and bake 375°F for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
Once done baking:
And once done baking, let it rest for about 5-10 minutes. I like to pre slice mine before serving. But you can keep it whole too. And once sliced add to a plate and top with vanilla bean ice cream or vanilla bean dairy free yogurt.
Can I use other fruits for this?
Oh yes, there are a variety of fruits you can use for this galette. And it’s great for showcasing whatever types of fruits are in season. Here are some of my other favorites to use in this galette:
- 4-5 pears
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup maple sugar or any type of sugar you use
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1 9 x14 phyllo sheet defrosted
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 egg
- Optional: vanilla bean ice cream
- Defrost your phyllo sheet overnight in the refrigerator
- Slice your pears and add to a bowl
- Add cinnamon, cardamom, maple sugar, and mix it all up
- Lay your phyllo sheet on a lined baking sheet
- Place your pears onto the phyllo sheet in an even layer, leaving about a 1 inch border all around
- Add sliced butter on top
- Carefully fold over the edges onto the pears
- Brush whisked egg all over the edges
- Bake 375°F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes and slice
- Optional: top with your favorite vanilla bean ice cream