Paleo Deviled Eggs:
Deviled eggs are a staple every Easter. And since this year our Easter is way different than other years, I wanted to keep some traditions the same, despite having to be confined to our homes. And that means making the best deviled eggs ever. Yup I said it, the BEST DEVILED EGGS you’ll ever have.
Ingredients you will need:
- Large pasture raised eggs
- Primal Kitchen Foods mayo (or any type of mayo you use)
- Primal Kitchen Foods spicy brown mustard (dijon or regular mustard will work)
- Apple cider vinegar
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Buy Ranch Direct Bacon
How to hard boil eggs:
Prepping these hard-boiled eggs are easy. And the nice thing about these is that they can be prepared in advance. First, I placed my eggs in a pot with some water and brought the water to a boil. And once boiling, I lower heat to a slow boil, and cook for 12 minutes. Once done, I pour water out and place eggs in an ice bath. I let them sit in the ice bath for about 30 minutes. And to peel, I gently tap the egg on the counter, and peel under running water.
Preparing the filling:
Next, I cut each egg in half lengthwise and scoop out the yolk into a small bowl. And then I add in the mayo, apple cider vinegar, spicy brown mustard, salt + pepper to taste, and mix. Then I add the filling to each of the eggs, top with chopped cooked bacon, diced chives, and sprinkle of some paprika.
How to store:
I like to store mine in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Meal prep ahead of time:
These are the perfect for meal prepping ahead of time. I like to prep the hard boiled eggs, cut in half, scoop out the yolks, and prep the stuffing ahead of time. And I will either stuff ahead of time, or place the stuffing in a separate Tupperware and stuff the day I plan on eating. And I will also prep chop the topping so that its all set for the day I plan on eating.
Paleo Deviled Eggs
- 6 pasture raised eggs
- 2-3 Tbsp Primal Kitchen Foods mayo
- 1-2 Tsp Primal Kitchen Foods spicy brown mustard
- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 1-2 slices cooked @buyranchdirect bacon
- 1 Tbsp chopped chives
- Sprinkle of paprika
- Boil eggs (I do 12 minutes on a slow boil, once done place in ice bath, and peel.
- Cut eggs in half and scoop out yolk and place in bowl
- Add mayo, spicy brown, ACV, salt + pepper to yolks, and mix
- Stuff each egg with mixture, top with diced bacon, chives, sprinkle some paprika