Today is the first day of fall and it would only be fitting to have some grain free banana pumpkin apple pie pancakes. And these pancakes can be prepped ahead of time. So that you have breakfast already ready to go for those busy mornings.
Ingredients you will need:
- Pumpkin puree
- Ripe bananas
- Milk of choice ( I used almond mylk)
- Mac-coconut nut butter (or any nut butter you use)
- Vanilla extract
- Baking soda
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Flaxseed meal or chia seeds
- Pumpkin spice seasoning
- Apple pie seasoning
- Fourth and Heart Vanilla Madagascar ghee or coconut oil
Are there any substitutions?
For this recipe if you don’t have the pumpkin spice you can use nutmeg, ginger, ground cloves, and cinnamon. I would suggest doing about 1/4 tsp for each. If you don’t have the ghee you can substitute coconut oil or butter. But I have not played around with different flour combinations, so I can’t give you a substitute for those.
Steps for making pancakes:
First add the wet ingredients; eggs, bananas, almond mylk, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, and mix. Then add in the dry ingredients, and mix. I like to let my batter sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes but this is totally optional. Heat your pan with the vanilla Madagascar ghee, add about 1/4 cup of the batter, and cook for a couple minutes on each side. And transfer to a plate (do not overlap) and let them rest for 5 minutes.
How to make sautéed apples:
You get the best of both worlds with this recipe. Because not only do you have pumpkin pie pancakes. But you are topping it with apple pie seasoned apples. Heat you pan with the vanilla Madagascar ghee or coconut oil on medium heat. Add diced apple and apple pie seasoning, and sauté for a few minutes.
Putting it all together:
Once everything is prepped, stack your pancakes, top with the apple pie apples, and drizzle Mac-cocconut butter all over. But if you don’t have the Mac-coconut butter, pecan butter is another great alternative.
Meal prep ahead of time:
These pancakes can be meal prepped ahead of time. But if making ahead of time, store everything separate. I like to place my pancakes in one Tupperware and the diced apple pie apples in another. And the morning off, I add to my convection oven and reheat for a few minutes, top with apples, and drizzle Mac-coconut butter all over.
Grain Free Banana Pumpkin Apple Pie Pancakes:
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1/3 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 Tbsp vanilla bean ghee
Vanilla Madagascar Apple Pie Apples
- 1 small gala apple chopped or any type of apple you like
- 1 Tbsp vanilla bean ghee or coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp Apple Pie Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Mac-coconut nut butter Substitute pecan butter or any type of nut/seed butter that doesn't contain sugar
Instructions for Apples:
- Heat pan with ghee on medium heat
- Add diced apples with apple pie seasoning and sauté for 5 minutes on medium heat, stirring throughout
Instruction for Pancakes:
- Mix wet ingredients in bowl
- Add dry ingredients and mix
- Let batter sit at room temperature for 10 minutes
- Warm pan with ghee on medium heat
- Add 1/4 cup of batter to pan
- Cook a few minutes each side
- Transfer to a plate (do not overlap on plate) and repeat until you run out of batter
- Top with apples and Mac-coconut butter