No bake turtle brownies:
These no bake turtle brownies are a great freezer friendly treat. They are easy to throw together and perfect for meal prepping on Sunday for your sweet treat for the week. And they are vegan, dairy free, and refined sugar free.
Ingredients you will need:
- Medjool dates
- Toasted walnuts
- Cacao powder
- Vanilla extract
- Almond mylk
- Almond flour
- Coconut oil
- Hu Kitchen chocolate gems (substitute any type of chocolate or chocolate chips)
- Peanut butter
- Maple syrup
Do you have any substitutes for this recipe?
And sorry, I don’t have any substitutes for this recipe. But you can use sweeteners of your choice. And if you can’t do peanut butter, feel free to use any nut or seed butter. And if you don’t like walnuts, you can omit, or use any other type of nut or seeds you like. But like I always say, if changing ingredients t any recipe, it may change the flavor profile of the original recipe, so proceed with caution.
How to prepare the brownie batter layer:
First, if your medjool dates are not soft. Soak them overnight or at least 30 minutes with hot water. And once they are softened, drain the water, remove pits, and add to food processor. Add the toasted walnuts, cacao powder, vanilla extract, salt, almond mylk, almond flour, coconut oil, and melted chocolate gems to food processor. And process everything until you get a smooth consistency. Add to a lined 4×6 baking dish and spread an even layer.
Preparing the peanut butter caramel layer:
Mix the peanut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract, until you get a caramel consistency. And spread an even layer on top of the brownie layer.
And top the caramel layer with walnut halves, drizzle melted chocolate, and sprinkle flakey salt on top.
And once you have it all prepped, store in the freezer for 1-2 hours.
And once they have been freezing for a couple hours, slice into desired size bars. And if you are entertaining, I would suggest slicing into bite size pieces, for easy bites.
How to store:
And for storing, I like to keep them stored in an airtight container in the freezer.
No Bake Turtle Brownies
- 6 medjool dates softened I soak mine overnight
- 1 cup toasted walnuts baked 300 F for 8 minutes
- 1/4 cup cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup almond mylk
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips melted with coconut oil
Peanut Butter Caramel layer:
- 1/2 cup organic creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup can add more if you like it sweeter
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 1-2 Tbsp melted chocolate
Instructions: for brownie base:
- Remove pits from medjool dates and soak overnight or at least 30 minutes in hot water. Drain dates
- Add all ingredients to food processor and process for 30 seconds or until you get a smooth consistency
- Spread an even layer to a lined 4x6 baking dish
Instructions for PB caramel:
- Mix all the ingredients until you get a caramel consistency
- Spread on top of the brownie layer
- Top caramel with walnut halves
- Drizzle melted chocolate on top
- Freeze for 1-2 hours
- Keep stored in freezer