I combined my two loves, mango salsa with guacamole to create the ultimate snacking treat. What I did first is I combined my chopped mango, cilantro, red onion, lime juice, salt and pepper, and mixed in a bowl. I then added the avocado, cilantro, garlic powder, salt + pepper to taste to another bowl, and mashed. Taste it and adjust the taste if necessary. I then topped with the chopped mango salsa and served with Siete Foods Grain free chips.
I get asked all the time how do I keep my guacamole from turning brown if I make ahead of time. I like to squeeze some lime juice over the top and keep the pit of the avocado in the middle of the guacamole. When storing It I will place plastic wrap over the top and then using an airtight Tupperware I store in the refrigerator. It may turn a little brown, but if you mix it up you will see the bottom is still bright green.
- 2-3 ripe avocados
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro 1/4 cup for guacamole and other 1/4 cup for mango salsa
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 1 chopped mango
- 2 limes juiced 1 for mango salsa other for guacomole
- Salt + pepper to taste
- For mango salsa: add chopped mango, onions, 1/4 cup cilantro, one lime juiced, salt and pepper to a bowl and mix
- For guacamole: mash your avocado with lime juice, 1/4 cup cilantro, garlic powder, and salt + pepper to taste
- Add guacamole to a dish and top with the mango salsa
- Serve with grain free chips