Whenever I visit Hawaii I come home with bags upon bags of fresh macadamia nuts. So when I got back from vacation, I had a huge bag of macadamia nuts, and lots of ideas for some sweet treats. The first treat I came up with is some easy Macadamia goji berry chocolate hazelnut bark. I love having a batch of bark in my freezer, for a quick after dinner treat.
These are super easy to prepare and 100% foolproof!
- Coconut oil
- Chocolate bar of your choice (I used Hu Kitchen Hazelnut bar)
- Macadamia Nuts
- Celtic sea salt
- Almond butter (substitute any nut or seed butter)
- Goji berries
Now add chocolate, coconut oil, almond butter to a sauce pan and melt stirring frequently. Turn off heat, add macadamia nuts, goji berries, and pour on a lined baking dish. Sprinkle celtic sea salt on top along with more goji and macadamia nuts. Store in freezer to harden up for about an hour, and then with a sharp knife chop up. I store mine in an airtight container in the freezer and eat at room temperature.
Macadamia goji berry chocolate hazelnut bark
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 bar Hukitchen hazelnut chocolate bar Sub any chocolate you like
- 1 heaping Tbsp Georgia Grinders salt free almond butter Sub any nut/seed butter
- Pinch of Celtic sea salt
- 1/3 cup salty macadamia nuts
- 2 Tbsp goji berries
- Melt your coconut oil, chocolate, and almond butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Once melted add in your macadamia nuts and stir.
- Pour mixture in a baking dish lined with parchment papper.
- Sprinkle Celtic sea salt, goji berries, and some more macadamia nuts.
- Place in freezer for up to an hour.
- Once frozen chop with a sharp knife and enjoy! Store in freezer.