If you have never tried jicama fries you need to get on it ASAP. These are loaded with flavor and pair so nicely with the creamy avocado dip.
What is Jicama?
Jicama is a Mexican turnip that is edible and resembles the taste of a potato. It is commonly eaten raw but it can easily be baked, fried, or sautéed too. But if you are planning on eating make sure to peel the skin before consuming.
Steps to making your jicama fries:
- Peel your jicama with a sharp knife to get the thick skin off
- Slice your jicama into fries
- Spray a couple sprays of avocado oil
- Add Primal Palates Meat and Potato seasoning to fries
- Add to your air fryer set at 400 degrees
- Cook for 20-25 minutes flipping half way through
While your jicama fries are cooking you are going to prepare your avocado dip.
What you will need for avocado dip:
- Apple cider vinegar
- Water to thin out
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients in a bowl and store in the refrigerator while your fries finish cooking.
- 1 jicama peeled and sliced into fries
- 1/2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 Tbsp Primal Palate meat and potato seasoning
- 1/2 of a large avocado
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 Tbsp diced jalapeño
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of Celtic sea salt
- 2-3 Tbsp filtered water add more if you want thinner consistency
- Peel and chop jicama into fries
- Add avocado oil
- Add meat and potato seasoning
- Cooked in air fryer on 400 for 25 minutes, shaking half way through. Served with an avocado jalapeño dipping sauce.
- Add to food processor or a high powered blender and blend until you get desired consistency.