When it comes to chicken, I personally prefer chicken breast. I have never been a thighs, drumstick, brown meat type of girl. However, lately I have been venturing out and trying to cook things I don’t usually cook. Not only is it nice to switch things up but I have fun experimenting with new ingredients or items in the kitchen. I decided to switch up the usual chicken breast for some chicken thighs from Buy Ranch Direct, because I hear how juicy and tender the meat is compared to chicken breast.
Since my instant pot has never failed me when it comes to cooking poultry I thought I would test out these chicken thighs in it. Now for this recipe you could use whatever chicken you have on had, it doesn’t have to be just thighs, you can do a mixture of thighs and chicken breast if you wanted to.
The first thing I did was marinate my chicken by adding some avocado oil to the chicken, sprinkling Primal Palate’s meat and potato seasoning all over the chicken, added some fresh thyme, and set aside.
I now set my instant pot to the saute function and added some avocado oil to the pot and heated for a minute or so. Once hot I added in my chicken thighs and browned each side for a few minutes. I really wanted to get the skin crispy, so depending on how crispy you like it, you may need to cook a little longer. Once done turn off your instant pot and transfer your chicken thighs to a plate.
Add in your trivet to the instant pot along with some chicken bone broth, set your chicken thighs on the trivet, cover your instant pot, seal the valve, and set to manual high pressure for 12 minutes. Once done let the pressure release naturally (usually takes around 10-15 minutes), if you are pressed for time do quick release of pressure.
I then served my chicken thighs in a salad with greens, avocado, and roasted sweet potatoes and zucchini.
Instant Pot Chicken Thighs
- 3 chicken thighs
- 1 Tbsp Primal Palate meat and potato seasoning
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1/4 cup Bonafide Provisions chicken bone broth
- Fresh thyme
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- Add 1 tbsp of avocado oil to chicken, along with meat and potato seasoning, and fresh thyme, and set aside
- Set your instant pot to sauté, warm with 1 tbsp avocado oil, brown thighs 3 minutes each side.
- Transfer chicken thighs to a plate and add bone broth to instant pot and mix for a few minutes.
- Add trivet to instant pot, place thighs on top, set instant pot to manual high pressure and set 12 minutes.
- Let sit 10-15 before releasing pressure. Let chicken rest for 5 minutes before enjoying.
- If you are pressed for time just do quick release of pressure