Instant Pot Applesauce:
The easiest Instant pot unsweetened applesauce to make at home. I needed some applesauce for some baking I was doing this weekend. And when I realized I didn’t have any applesauce, I figured why not make my own with apples that needed to be used up? And so I made some in my Instant pot and I will never buy store bought again!
Ingredients you will need:
- Apple pie spice
How to make apple pie spice:
Preparing your own homemade apple pie spice at home is simple. And it is a great option to have for all your fall recipes. Mix cinnamon, nutmeg, ground ginger, cardamom in a jar. And keep stored in a glass jar for all your fall baking.
How to prepare applesauce in Instant pot:
First, slice apples. And there is not peeling required, which is what I love. Place trivet and water in Instant pot. And add in the sliced apples, apple pie spice, and mix. Close the Instant pot, seal valve, set to manual high pressure for 25 minutes. And once it is done, quick release the pressure, and carefully open.
Blend it up:
Once done, carefully drain the liquid. But reserve the liquid in case you want a thinner consistency. And either with an immersion blender or high powered blender, blend it up until you get desired consistency.
I like to store mine in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
What can I use the applesauce for?
There are so many options to use up this homemade applesauce in. And here are a few I use mine for.
- Baked goodies: cookies, breads, cupcakes
- On top of pork chops
- For snacking on
- In smoothies
What if I don’t have an Instant pot?
Don’t worry this can still be prepared without an Instant pot. Add sliced apples to a pot with water and cook until the apples are fork tender. And carefully drain the water, add apple pie spice, and with an immersion blender mash it all up. Or transfer it all to blender and blend it up.
Instant Pot Unsweetened Applesauce:
- 9 small apples of your choice I used Gala apples
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp apple pie spice
Apple Pie Spice
- 1/4 cup cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- Slice your apples; no peeling required
- Add trivet and water to Instant pot
- Place the apples on trivet, sprinkle the apple pie spice on top, and mix
- Close the Instant pot, seal valve, set to manual, high pressure for 25 minutes
- Once done quick release of pressure and carefully open
- Carefully drain the liquid but reserve in case you want a thinner consistency
- With an immersion blender blend it all up. Or transfer to blender and blend until you reach desired consistency
- Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days
Apple Pie Spice
- Add all the ingredients to a glass jar and mix