Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes:
Here is a quick and easy way to make mashed potatoes in the Instant pot. And don’t worry if you don’t have an Instant pot you can still follow the directions listed here and just make over stove top with your steamer basket.
- Red potatoes or any type of potatoes
- Garlic ghee (substitute butter and fresh minced garlic or avocado oil)
- I like infusing mine with some chicken bone broth but you can simply use water to steam if that isn’t your thing
- Salt + pepper to taste
How to prepare in Instant pot:
First, add the trivet to Instant pot along with 1 cup of the bone broth or water. And then add chopped red potatoes, cover Instant pot, and seal the valve. Set Instant pot to steam function high pressure for 10 minutes.
Quick release of pressure:
Once the potatoes are done, carefully pull the valve towards you, and allow the pressure to release. Carefully strain some of the bone broth or water, add ghee, salt and pepper to taste, and with an immersion blender (or potato masher) mash potatoes until you get desired consistency. Top with chives and enjoy!
Meal prep ahead of time:
These make for the perfect prep ahead side dish. I like to prepare them ahead of time and just reheat in my convection oven for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 6-8 red potatoes
- 1 Tbsp Fourth and Heart California garlic ghee
- 1 Tbsp chopped chives
- Salt + pepper
- 1 cup Bonafide Provisions chicken bone broth
- Roughly chop your red potatoes.
- Add trivet to your instant pot along with bone broth.
- Add potatoes to trivet and cook on steam for 10 minutes, once done quick release pressure.
- You will know the potatoes are done if a fork can easily be poked into the potatoes. If they are still hard in middle, steam for another couple minutes
- You can strain some of the bone broth but reserve a little to make extra creamy
- With an immersion blender or potato masher mash potatoes with ghee, chives, and salt + pepper