Instant pot cranberry sauce:
Typically cranberry sauce isn’t the first item people reach for. But this Instant pot cranberry sauce might change peoples opinions on cranberry sauce! And it is super simple to prepare, you really can’t mess it up, and great for a meal prep ahead option.
Ingredients you will need:
- Fresh or frozen cranberries
- Fresh squeezed orange juice or your favorite orange juice
- Zest of a orange
- Cinnamon stick
- Vanilla extract
- Optional if looking for more sweet versus tart: Maple syrup, maple sugar, or coconut sugar
- Garnish: fresh cranberries, rosemary, orange slices, orange zest, sprinkle of some maple sugar
How to prepare in the Instant pot:
This cranberry sauce, is one of those set and forget type of preps, which is awesome when preparing a bunch of items for the holidays. Add everything, except the vanilla extract, to the Instant pot and mix. And top with cinnamon sticks and orange peel. Close the Instant pot and set to manual high pressure for 4 minutes.
Once done quick release the pressure by pulling the valve towards you. Next, remove the cinnamon sticks and orange peel. And with the back of the spoon smash the cranberries until desired consistency is reached. Lastly, mix in the vanilla extract and transfer to a serving bowl. And to make it nice and festive, garnish with orange slices, cinnamon sticks, rosemary, fresh cranberries, orange zest, and sprinkle of maple sugar.
How to prepare over stove top:
If preparing over the stove top the directions are pretty much the same. Simply add everything to a pan on medium heat, stirring throughout, and with the back of the spoon smash up the cranberries. And cook until the cranberries are cooked through and desired consistency is reached. Lastly, mix in the vanilla extract once done cooking, add to a bowl, and garnish.
Meal prep ahead of time:
And the great thing about this cranberry sauce, is it is perfect for prepping ahead of time. This can be prepared the night before or even days before your holiday festivities. And it freezes well, so don’t be scared to freeze and use when ready.
What to use it on?
Of course this cranberry sauce goes great on turkey. But it is also great on some crostini with goat cheese and cranberry sauce, on sweet potato toast, or in baked goodies.
Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce:
- 2 8 oz bags fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3 oranges juiced about 1/2 cup of juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 orange zested
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, coconut sugar, or maple sugar Optional if you want a bit sweeter versus tart
- Garnishes: fresh cranberries, rosemary, sprinkle of maple sugar, and orange zest, orange slices
- Add cranberries, orange juice, water, seasonings, orange zest, and maple sugar(if using) to instant pot, and mix
- Top with cinnamon sticks and orange peel
- Close, seal valve, set to manual high pressure for 4 minutes
- Once done quick release of pressure
- Remove cinnamon stick, orange zest pieces, and with back of spoon mash cranberries
- Mix in vanilla extract, additional fresh orange zest, sprinkle of some maple sugar, and enjoy