Instant pot cilantro lime rice:
If you love Chipotle’s rice you are going to love this easy Instant pot cilantro lime rice! And the nice thing about this rice, is that it is super easy to prepare, and you really can’t mess it up.
Ingredients you will need:
- Long grain white rice
- Chicken bone broth (substitute water or vegetable broth)
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Optional: ghee or butter
The first thing to do is soak your rice. I soak mine for at least an hour and then I rinse and drain the rice.
Preparing the rice in the Instant pot:
Now that the rice is soaked and rinsed. Add the rice, chicken bone broth, salt and pepper to instant pot, and mix. And then close the Instant pot, seal the valve, and set to rice function for 12 minutes. Once the rice is done quick release the pressure by carefully pulling the valve away from you. And then squeeze in the lime juice, add in the chopped cilantro, and if using the ghee or butter, mix it all up.
Preparing the rice over stove top:
Add the soaked and rinsed rice, chicken broth, salt and pepper to a small pot. Bring to a boil, cover pot, and reduce to a simmer, and cook for 12-15 minutes. Once done, add in the juice of limes, chopped cilantro, ghee/butter, and mix.
How to store leftovers:
And since I am sure you won’t be eating 2 cups of rice in one sitting (unless you are entertaining) you will have leftovers. And I like to store mine in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
How do I reheat?
I personally like to reheat my rice in a small pan for a few minutes until heated through. Because I like to get a nice little crisp to it by reheating it in the pan. But you can also microwave with a wet towel over it (to help prevent from drying it out) for a minute or so.
Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice:
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 1/2 cups chicken bone broth substitute water or vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 limes juiced
- Optional: 1 tbsp ghee or butter
- Soak rice in water for at least an hour
- Drain and rinse the rice
- Add rinsed rice and bone broth to Instant pot
- Add in salt and pepper to taste
- Close instant pot, seal valve, and set to rice function for 12 minutes (or manual low pressure for 12 minutes)
- Once done quick release the pressure
- Add the juice of limes, cilantro, ghee, and mix it all up