These apple monsters are so fun for spooky season. And they are super easy to prepare. They are perfect for breakfast boards, snack boards, or just by themselves for a simple snack.
What you’ll need:
- Candy eyes
- Nut butter or seed butter (I used sunflower butter)
- Sunflower seeds
What nut or seed butter is best for these?
It really is up to your personal preference. To keep them allergy friendly, I went with sunflower butter. But if you can tolerate peanut butter, that is my second choice.
How to create the apple monsters:
First, slice your apple into fourths. And then take each fourth and slice in half. Stack two pieces together to form the mouth. And spread your nut or seed butter to the center of the mouth, making sure to adhere the two pieces together as best as possible. Slice your strawberry to create the tongue and add to the center. And then add your sunflower seeds to the top and bottom for the teeth. Lastly, add some nut or seed butter to the back of the candy eyes and stick onto the apple.
What do I serve these with?
These are a great option for adding to breakfast charcuterie boards, snack boards, or just as a simple snack option.
Can I prep them in advance?
Yes, you can prep these in advance.
How do I store them?
Keep them stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Where do I get candy eyes?
You can really find candy eyes at a variety of places. But I have found, the closer it gets to Halloween, the harder it is to find. So get them now before they run out. I have purchased mine at Amazon and Target. And if you can’t find them at all. You can also use chocolate chips for the eyes.
Check this out:
How to Make a Spooky Breakfast Charcuterie Board
What you’ll need:
- 1-2 apples
- 1-2 large strawberries
- 10 Candy eyes will vary depending on how many you make
- 1/4 cup Nut or seed butter I used sunflower butter
- Handful of sunflower seeds
- Slice your apple into fourths
- And then slice each fourth into half
- Stack two pieces to create the mouth
- Spread some nut or seed butter to the center, making sure the two pieces are adhering with the nut or seed butter
- Slice strawberry and add to the center for the tongue
- Add sunflower seeds to the top and bottom for the teeth
- Add some nut or seed butter to the back of candy eyes and stick eyes onto the top of the apple slice
- Keep stored in refrigerator until ready to serve