Grain-free Pumpkin Pie Bars:
I am a huge lover of pumpkin pie! But I find bar form anything is way better and so these grain-free pumpkin pie bars were born. And I can’t wait for you all to try them out and let me know what you think.
Ingredients you will need:
- Pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling you want just 100% pumpkin)
- Pasture raised eggs
- Coconut oil
- Maple syrup
- Pecan butter (substitute any type of nut/seed butter)
- Vanilla extract
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Baking soda
- Sea salt
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Chocolate of choice ( I prefer chopping up a favorite chocolate bar)
- Flaky salt for top
- Optional: flaxseed meal
Sorry but I do not have any substitutions for flours since I have not tried anything but this combination.
How to prepare:
The prep is simple, add the wet ingredients in a medium size bowl, and mix. And then add in the dry ingredients and mix. Fold in the chopped chocolate, add to a lined 8×8 baking dish, top with more chopped chocolate, and bake 350 F for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Let them cool before slicing:
Now there are two ways I have tried, as far when is the best time to slice up and enjoy. But something to keep in mind, is these are meant to be a pumpkin pie consistency and not a cake type consistency. And so the texture will be more of a fudge, moist texture.
- If you just can’t wait to dive on in, at least give them a good 10-15 minutes to rest before slicing and enjoy warm.
- I personally like to let mine cool completely, stick in the refrigerator overnight, and then cut into slices because I like to eat mine cold or at room temperature.
How to store:
I store mine in an airtight container in the refrigerator. But they also freeze well, but I would suggest you wrap each one individually and store, because they may hard to pull apart when frozen.
Check out these other pumpkin recipes:
Grain-free Pumpkin Pie Bars
- 3 large pasture raised eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup pecan butter
- 1 cup Almond flour
- 1/2 cup Coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped chocolate + 2 Tbsp for topping
- Sprinkle of flaky salt for topping
- 2 Tbsp Flaxseed meal Optional
- Mix wet ingredients
- Add dry ingredients and mix
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Add to a lined 8x8 baking dish and top with more chopped chocolate
- Bake 350 F for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Sprinkle flaky salt on top
- Let cool for 15 minutes and cut into squares
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator