I dropped the ball on picking up cornbread for this weeks meal prep to go with our instant pot chili. But I thought it would be fun to create my own version with ingredients I had in my pantry. And so these Grain-free pumpkin cornbread bars were born.
Ingredients you will need:
- Large pasture raised eggs
- Pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling, the ingredients should be just pumpkin)
- Ghee or coconut oil ( I used ghee to give it a nice buttery flavor)
- Coconut milk
- Manuka Honey or maple syrup
- Apple cider vinegar
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Tapioca flour
- Baking soda
- Optional: jalapeño
Please note: I do not have any substitutes for the flours, this is the only combination I have tried so far.
Preparing the pumpkin cornbread:
Now preparing the batter is simple. I mix all the wet ingredients in a medium bowl, add in the dry ingredients, and mix. And then I add the batter to a lined 8×8 baking dish and top with the chopped jalapeño. I use my convection oven to bake mine, so the time may vary depending on your oven. But bake 350 F for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
I prefer texture of my baked goods to be fluffy, moist, and never dry. And these bars are all of that and more. And so if you love moist and fluffy cornbread, then this pumpkin cornbread is for you.
Let it cool:
I like to give the cornbread at least 10-15 minutes to cool before slicing into it.
How to store:
I store mine in an airtight container in the refrigerator. But if you don’t plan on eating it all, individually wrap each bar, and freeze for another night.
Grain-Free Pumpkin Cornbread Without The Corn
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or ghee
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp manuka honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Optional: 1/2 small jalapeño deseeded
- Mix wet ingredients
- Add in dry ingredients and mix
- Add to a lined 8x8 baking dish
- Top with jalapeños if using
- Bake 350 F 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean (but keep an eye out so top doesn’t get too brown)
- Let cool 10-15 minutes before slicing
- Optional: drizzle extra manuka honey on top
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator