Grain-free lemon cookies:
When life hands you lemons you make grain-free lemon cookies! These cookies are perfect for meal prepping for a sweet treat for the week. They are gluten-free, grain-free, vegan, dairy-free, and refined sugar free.
Ingredients for cookies:
- Flax eggs
- Maple syrup
- Coconut oil
- Lemon juice
- Zest of a lemon
- Almond extract
- Vanilla extract
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Baking soda
Ingredients for the drizzle:
I used raw coconut butter, coconut oil, and some lemon juice. But you can also make a more traditional frosting using powdered sugar, almond mylk, and vanilla extract if that is more of your jam.
How to prepare Flax “eggs”:
I first prepped my flax “eggs.” And the way you do this is simply adding 2 Tbsp of flaxseed meal and 5 Tbsp of water in a small bowl, mix, and let sit for about 10 minutes. The consistency should resemble a gel like consistency after sitting for the 10 minutes. But if you don’t have flaxseed meal and have eggs, feel free to use regular eggs too.
Prepping the dough:
Once the flax “eggs” are ready add to a bowl along with the rest of the wet ingredients and mix. And then add in the dry ingredients, mix, and store the batter in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Once the dough has chilled I used a Tbsp ice cream scoop, scooped out dough, placed on a lined baking sheet, and baked 350 F for 12-15 minutes. Once done, let the cookies sit for 10 minutes before transferring to a wired cooling rack.
Making the drizzle:
I added my coconut butter, coconut oil, and juice of 1/2 a lemon to a small sauce pan and melted. And then I drizzled each of my cookies with the drizzle and sprinkled some powdered sugar on top.
Storing the cookies:
These cookies are super soft and moist cookies and I find they taste best stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container. This also helps firm up the cookies a bit more. But I like to consume mine after they have sat a couple minutes at room temperature.
Check out these other lemon recipes:
Grain-Free Lemon Cookies
- 2 flax eggs 2 Tbsp flaxseed meal + 5 Tbsp filtered water
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 lemons juiced
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 lemon zested
- 1/4 cup raw coconut butter
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil
- Juice of a 1/2 a lemon
- Optional: sprinkle of powdered sugar
- Prepare flax eggs and let sit for 10 minutes or until it is gel like consistency
- Mix wet ingredients with flax eggs
- Add in dry ingredients and mix
- Refrigerate batter for at least 30 minutes
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop out batter and place on a lined baking sheet
- Bake 350 F 12-15 minutes
- Let cool 5-10 minutes and then transfer to a wired cooling rack
- Melt you coconut butter, coconut oil, and lemon juice and drizzle your cookies
- Sprinkle some powdered sugar on top
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator