I wanted to make some grain-free croutons to go in our caesar salad. And they were super easy to prepare, only required 3 ingredients, and were done in 15 minutes. If you haven’t tried making your own yet, I definitely would recommend you try these out.
What bread to use for croutons:
I personally love AWGBakery bread because it is the best tasting grain-free, gluten-free, vegan, paleo, bread I have had in quite some time.
How to prepare the croutons:
I first diced my bread into bite size pieces. And then I melted my ghee, added the seasonings, and mixed. I wanted to make sure the bread pieces were all coated with the ghee and seasonings. Then I added the bread to a lined baking sheet, baked 400 F for 15 minutes, shaking throughout. But after the 15 minutes if they still are not crunchy enough then cook an additional 5 minutes.
How to store:
I stored mine in a small mason jar in my pantry for about 3-4 days. And no they did not get soggy, they stayed just as crunchy as the first day I made them.
What to use them in:
The main reason I made these croutons was for our homemade caesar salads for the week.
Homemade grain-free croutons
- 4-5 slices Awgbakery grain-free bread Sub any bread you use
- 2 Tbsp Fourth and Heart California garlic ghee Sub avocado oil and 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- Add everything to a bowl, add melted ghee, seasoning, and mix
- Add to a lined baking sheet
- Bake 400 for 15 minutes and then shake and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Store leftovers in a mason jar for a few days