The easiest summertime treat you could possible prepare. I had some banana’s I needed to use up, so I thought why not mix it up (from the usual banana bread) and make a yummy summertime dessert. If you have ever had the Trader Joe’s Gone Banana bites, you are going to be obsessed with my version. Here you have these gone banana date caramel bites. They are super easy to prepare, so make sure to make a double batch to have in your freezer all summer long.
First things first prep your date caramel to be able to stuff your banana coins with.
The steps to prepare this date caramel is super simple:
Prepare your date caramel by adding medjool dates, cashew butter, coconut oil, vanilla extract, maple syrup, and some filtered water to a food processor. You are going to process until you get a nice smooth consistency. I store mine in a small mason either at room temperature or in the refrigerator. If I plan on eating it within a couple days I store at room temperature, if I want it to last longer I store in the refrigerator and sometimes the freezer.
Once you have your caramel done, slice your banana’s (I used two) into 1 inch thick coins, and place on a dish lined with parchment paper.
Place a dollop of the caramel onto half of the banana coins.
Then you will make a banana sandwich by placing one of the banana coins without the caramel on top of the banana coin with the caramel. Stick in the freezer for about 30 minutes. Then prepare you chocolate by melting over stove top with 1 tbsp of coconut oil. Stirring frequently until chocolate is melted. Then dip your frozen banana sandwiches into the chocolate and store in the freezer.
Gone Banana Caramel Bites
Caramel filling layer
- 6-8 medjool dates soaked overnight
- 1/4 cup Georgia Grinders cashew butter
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup optional
- 2 Tbsp filtered water
- 2 bananas
- 2 bars of Lily's baking chocolate bar
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Prepare your date caramel by adding all ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth
- Cut your bananas into 1 inch thick coins
- Add some date caramel to half of the banana coins
- Add coins without the caramel on top of the one's with caramel
- Freeze for 30 minutes
- Melt chocolate with coconut oil over stove stop
- With a fork dip your banana sandwiches into chocolate and freeze