Gingerbread Pecan Bliss Balls:
Tis’ the season for all things gingerbread! And these gingerbread pecan bliss balls taste like the holiday’s. They are super easy to prep, can be stored in the freezer, and make for the perfect grab and go snack.
Ingredients you will need:
- Soaked medjool dates ( I soak mine overnight and drain the water when ready to use)
- Organic molasses
- Primal Palate Gingersnap Seasoning (substitute cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger)
- Soaked cashews ( I soak mine overnight and drain the water when ready to use)
- Artisana Organics Gingerbread Pecan Butter (substitute regular pecan butter or any nut/seed butter)
- Coconut or almond flour
How to prepare bliss balls:
I first prepare the dates and cashews by soaking overnight prior to making these bliss balls. But if you are pressed for time, soak in warm water for 30 minutes. And then add all the ingredients to a food processor or a high powered blender, and process until you get a sticky sand like consistency.
Tips for the perfect texture:
Once the ingredients have been processed, if the batter is too wet add 1 tbsp at a time of more flour, until you reach a consistency that allows the balls to form easily. And if the batter is too dry, add in 1 tbsp at a time of filtered water, until you reach consistency to allow balls to form easily. Pro tip, reserve some of the date water from soaking your dates, to use if needed to get the perfect texture.
I rolled mine in a mixture of gingersnap seasoning and maple sugar to make almost like a raw, no-bake sugar donut hole. This step is optional but it really isn’t :).
How to store:
I like to store in an airtight container in the freezer and enjoy at room temperature. But they can also be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container too.
Gingerbread Pecan Bliss Balls
- 1 cup soaked medjool dates
- 1 heaping Tbsp organic Molasses
- 1 tsp Primal Palate Gingersnap Seasoning sub cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger about 1/4 tsp of each
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup soaked raw cashews
- 1/3 cup @artisanaorganics gingerbread pecan butter sub regular pecan butter
- 1/2 cup coconut or almond flour
- Add all ingredients to food processor and process for 15-20 seconds
- If too wet add in more flour if too dry add in 1 tbsp at a time of filtered water
- Roll into balls and store in freezer for 30 minutes
- Optional: Roll into more gingersnap seasoning or maple sugar
- Store in freezer in an airtight container and enjoy at room temperature. Or store in an airtight container in refrigerator.