Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Brownies:
I have been loving all things gingerbread and what can be better than gingerbread chocolate chip brownies? The answer is NOTHING. These brownies are super tasty and scream the holiday’s. They are pretty much flourless brownies and turn out with a gooey center. I even snuck in a fruit, any guesses what I used?
- Butternut squash pureed ( I roasted my squash 400 F for 20 minutes and processed in my food processor)
- Eggs (flax eggs will work)
- Vanilla Extract
- Maple Syrup
- Philosophie Cacao Magic (shubsitue cacao)
- Primal Palate Gingersnap seasoning
- Coconut flour
- Baking soda
- Mini chocolate chips
How to prepare:
I prepare the butternut squash first by roasting 400 F and cooking for about 2o minutes. I let it cool and then add to my food processor and puree it until it is smooth. Then I add the rest of the ingredients to a large bowl and mix until combined. Add to a lined 8×8 baking dish, pour batter, smooth out with a spatula, and bake 350 F for about 35- 40 minutes. Let cool completely or store in the refrigerator overnight and then slice.
When I was creating these brownies I wanted to create a nice gooey consistency. And that is why I barely added any flour. So I guess these are almost flourless brownies. Don’t be alarmed if they are extra gooey, they are meant to be that way. But if you refrigerate them in an airtight container, they will firm up.
Don’t like fudgy consistency:
If you aren’t into the fudgy consistency, feel free to add about 1 cup- 1 1/2 cups of almond flour. And they will be done once toothpick come out clean.
How to store:
I like storing mine in an airtight container in the refrigerator and eating at room temperature. They also freeze well, so if you can’t polish off the whole batch at once, save some in the freezer for a rainy day.
How to incorporate recipe:
This recipe also can be used to make it into a cake form, muffins, bread, you name it. Baking times may vary though so please keep an eye out and do the toothpick test to see when it is done cooking.
Gingerbread chocolate chip brownies
- 3/4 cup butternut squash purée
- 1 cup tahini
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cacao magic
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Primal palate gingersnap seasoning
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips + more for top
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Mix all ingredients except the chocolate chips in a bowl
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Add to a greased 8x8 dish
- Bake 350 F for 35-40 minutes
- Store in fridge (if you find them super wet after the 35-40 minutes once you store in fridge overnight they will firm up)