Football deviled eggs:
Deviled eggs are a staple for any get together for me. Because they are super quick and easy to prepare. And are so delicious! And since Super Bowl is around the corner, I figured why not turn my deviled eggs into cute and festive footballs. Because lets be honest, I really only care about the food.
Ingredients you will need:
- Large pasture raised eggs
- Primal Kitchen Foods mayo (or any type of mayo you use)
- Primal Kitchen Foods spicy brown mustard (dijon or regular mustard will work)
- Apple cider vinegar
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Buy Ranch Direct Bacon
- White cheese
How to hard boil eggs over stove top:
Prepping these hard-boiled eggs are easy. And the nice thing about these is that they can be prepared in advance. First, place eggs in a pot with some water and bring the water to a boil. And once boiling, lower heat to a slow boil, and cook for 12 minutes. Once done, pour water out and place eggs in an ice bath. I let them sit in the ice bath for about 30 minutes. And to peel, I gently tap the egg on the counter, and peel under running water.
How to hard boil eggs in air fryer:
And if you have an air fryer, this method I highly suggest! Add eggs to the air fryer basket. And cook 270 for 14-16 minutes. But the cook time will depend on how you like your eggs. I personally, love mine more on the well done side, so I do 16 minutes. And once done cooking, transfer to an ice bath, and let sit for 30 minutes before peeling.
Preparing the filling:
Next, cut each egg in half lengthwise and scoop out the yolk into a small bowl. And then add the mayo, apple cider vinegar, spicy brown mustard, salt + pepper to taste, garlic powder, paprika, diced green onions, some of the bacon, and mix. Then I add the filling to each of the eggs, top with chopped cooked bacon, and the cheese for the football stitching. But you could also use mayo or green onions to create the stitching if you don’t want to to use cheese.
How to store:
I like to store mine in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.
Meal prep ahead of time:
These are the perfect for meal prepping ahead of time. I like to prep the hard boiled eggs, cut in half, scoop out the yolks, and prep the stuffing ahead of time. And I will either stuff ahead of time, or place the stuffing in a separate Tupperware and stuff the day I plan on eating. And I will also prep chop the topping so that its all set for the day I plan on eating.
Football Deviled Eggs
- 6 large pasture raised eggs
- 2-3 Tbsp Primal Kitchen Foods mayo
- 1-2 Tsp Primal Kitchen Foods spicy brown mustard
- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 4-6 slices cooked @buyranchdirect bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Sprinkle of paprika
- Sprinkle of garlic powder
- White cheese For football stiching
- Boil eggs
- Cut eggs in half and scoop out yolk and place in bowl
- Add mayo, spicy brown, ACV, salt + pepper, garlic powder, paprika, green onions, and 1-2 slices of chopped bacon to yolks, and mix
- Stuff each egg with mixture, top with remainder of the chopped bacon
- Slice white cheese thinly and create the football stitching
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days