When I am wanting to switch up my savory breakfast meals to more of a sweet meal I tend to always want pancakes. Not only are they easy to prepare but you can mix and match ingredients each week to keep things exciting. This is one of my fall favorites, pumpkin pie plantain pancakes. If you have never tried baking with plantains you need to try it. But don’t worry, if you don’t have access to plantains you can simply substitute with a ripe banana.
I throw everything in my high powered blender and blend up. I let my batter sit for a little bit at room temperature before adding to my heated pan. To make these extra tasty I like adding some Fourth and Heart Vanilla Madagascar ghee to a pan and cooking the pancakes a couple minutes each side. When flipping just be careful, since they are fragile and may fall apart since there is no flour. I will stick to making mine silver dollar size to make it easier to flip them.
Once done add some melted raw coconut butter, chopped walnuts, and enjoy!
Flourless pumpkin pie plantain pancakes
- 1 ripe plantain sub banana
- 2 pasture raised eggs
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of Celtic sea salt
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin
- 1-2 tsp Primal Palate pumpkin spice seasoning
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 Tbsp Fourth and Heart vanilla Madagascar ghee
- Add eggs, peeled plantain, baking soda, pumpkin, pumpkin spice, flaxseed meal, salt, and vanilla to blender and blend.
- Heat pan with ghee and pour 1/3 cup of batter for each pancake and cook a couple minutes each side.
- Top with crushed walnuts and melted raw coconut butter