Flourless Maple Almond Butter Date Cookies:
These 7 ingredient flourless maple almond butter date cookies are coming in hot! I was really craving a good old flourless peanut butter cookie. But decided to mix it up and experiment with a maple almond butter cookie. And let me tell you friends, you are not going to be able to resist eating 2-3 in one sitting, they are that good!
I’ve been obsessed with dates as of late, so I thought why not use dates as my sweetener versus maple syrup. And I must say I think the dates give these cookies the nice soft texture in middle. But if you don’t have any dates on hand feel free to use whatever type of sweetener you prefer. And I would start with 1/2 cup and adjust sweetness as needed.
Here are the 7 ingredients you will need to make these cookies:
- Medjool Dates (substitute any type of sweetener you use, start with 1/2 cup and adjust as needed)
- Pasture raised egg
- Georgia Grinders maple almond butter (sub any nut/seed butter + maple syrup)
- Vanilla extract
- Mini Chocolate chips (dairy free) or any chocolate you prefer for melting
- Coconut oil
- Crushed almonds
How to prepare cookies:
Add everything except the egg, chocolate, almonds, and coconut oil to a food processor, or a high powered blender, and process for 15-20 seconds. You want the dough to resemble sand like texture but when you pick it up it is sticky, and easy to roll into balls. And then add in your egg and pulse a couple times until the egg is incorporated.
Forming the cookies:
And with an ice cream scoop, scoop out about 1 heaping Tbsp of dough, roll into balls, and flatten with a fork. Add to a lined baking dish with parchment paper and bake 350 for 8-10 minutes. But if you are like me and like cookies a little undercook be sure to do around 7-8 minutes.
Dipping into chocolate:
Let the cookies cool and prepare your chocolate by melting it with the coconut oil over stove top or in the microwave. Dip half of each cookie in the melted chocolate and drizzle some crushed almonds on top.
And if you don’t plan on eating them all at once, store in an airtight container in the freezer. But they also can be stored in an airtight container and place in refrigerator. And to reheat, I simple throw in the microwave for 10 seconds or in my convection oven for 1-2 minutes.
Flourless Maple Almond Butter Date Cookies
- 1 cup Georgia Grinders maple almond butter Sub any nut/seed butter + 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup dates
- 1 large pasture raised egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
Chocolate for dipping:
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Add everything except egg, chcooalte chips, and coconot oil to food processor and pulse for about 10-15 seconds.
- Then add in egg and pulse until incorporated.
- Roll into balls and with a fork flatten.
- Bake 350 F 8-10 minutes
- While cookies are cooking melt your chocolate with coconut oil for about 45 seconds in microwave.
- Let cookies cool and the dip half of the cookie in chocolate and top with crushed almonds.
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator or freezer