One of our families tradition growing up was holiday cookie exchange parties. It was one of my favorite parts about the holidays with my family. My mom would go all out with her parties and would bake many of our holiday favorites to entertain her guests. One of our favorites being the peanut butter kiss cookies.
I wanted to create my own that were made with minimal ingredients! Here is my own little spin on the peanut butter kiss cookies that we all love. I am calling them flour less almond butter blossoms. I stuck with using almond butter for this recipe but you can easily substitute any nut or seed butter you prefer.
I also decided why not make these cookies even better by substituting the hershey kisses with some peanut butter cups. I used Justin’s peanut butter cups, because they are my favorite, but you can use whatever you prefer to use.
All you need for these cookies are 5 ingredients:
- Almond butter (or any nut/seed butter you want to use)
- Maple syrup (substitute coconut sugar)
- Vanilla extract
- Peanut butter cups (substitute hershey kisses)
- Optional coconut sugar or maple sugar to roll cookies in before baking
I add everything to a bowl and mix, roll into balls, optional roll into coconut sugar, then bake 350 for 7-9 minutes. Let cool for a couple minutes and then add your peanut butter cup by gently pressing down into cookie. I hope you all enjoy these as much as I do, happy baking friends.
Flourless almond butter blossoms
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 pasture raised egg
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 bag Justins Peanut butter cups
- Mix ingredients, roll into a large ball and store in fridge for about an hour or so.
- Then roll into balls (optional: you can roll into coconut sugar).
- Bake 350 for 7-9 minutes (I did 9 in my convection oven).
- Let cool for a couple minutes and then add Justins Pb cups on top.