Pigs in a Blanket:
These homemade everything but the bagel seasoning pigs in a blanket are a game changer. And after making these, I am sure you will never want to buy store bought ones again!
Ingredients you will need:
- Crescent roll dough (8 count)
- Mini uncured beef grass-fed hot dogs (I used Teton Waters Ranch)
- Dijon mustard
- Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning
How to prepare pigs in a blanket:
First things first, prep the dough! Unroll the crescent dough and place on parchment paper. And then cut each triangle of crescent roll dough into half lengthwise. Brush on some of the dijon mustard onto each slice of dough. And place the mini hot dogs on the wider side of the dough and carefully roll them up.
Place prepared pigs in a blanket on a lined baking sheet with the seam down. And brush each one with the whisked egg wash, sprinkle everything but the bagel sesame seasoning on each one, and bake 350 F for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
What do I serve them with?
I personally love dipping mine in ketchup. But I would recommend having a variety of mini ramekins with a variety of dipping sauces so everyone can pick their dipping sauce of choice.
Can I prep these ahead of time?
Yes, feel free to prep everything ahead of time. And the day of just add to a baking dish, add egg wash, everything but the bagel seasoning, and bake. But to be honest, these are so easy to prepare, you really don’t need much time to prep.
What if I don’t have the Everything but the bagel seasoning?
No worries, make your own at home! I would add about 2-3 Tbsp of each: dried garlic, onion flakes, black sesame seeds, poppy seeds, flaky salt, and sesame seeds. Add it all to a small bowl, mix it up, and store in an airtight container.
Everything but the Bagel Pigs in a Blanket
- 1 8 oz package of crescent rolls 8 rolls
- 1-2 Tbsp Everything but the Bagel Sesame seasoning blend
- 1-2 Tbsp course Dijon mustard
- 16 mini uncured grass-fed beef hot dogs I used Teton Waters Ranch
- 1 large egg
- Unroll the crescent rolls onto parchment paper
- Cut each triangle in half (should have 16 triangles)
- Brush dijon mustard onto each slice
- Add mini hot dogs on wider side of the dough and roll it up
- Place on a lined baking sheet with the seam side down
- Brush egg wash all over the top of the pigs in a blanket
- Sprinkle Everything but the Bagel seasoning on top of each one
- Bake 350 F for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown
- Dip in ketchup, dijon mustard, spicy mustard, or ranch